Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Payout

Anyone know the payout FAU gets by going to the bowl and if they get more for winning?

Personally, I can't imagine how much they will gain from this.  More practice sure.  But imagine how much easier it must be to sell a stadium to donors for a team that wins and surpasses expectations.

On top of that imagine recruits.  A lot of teams we compete with are in the MAC or C-USA for recruits.  It has to be easier to say hey stay in South Florida rather than leave town and compete for similar bowl games somewhere far away.
Back to the top

Re: Payout

Each team got $325,000 last year.  Doesn't say if we have to split it with our conference or not after expenses.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-12-06-bowl-payouts_x.htm
Back to the top

I believe most if not all is eaqten by travel, and the rest if any is split by the conference.  We had this discussion last year with the MC Bowl, can't remember…
Back to the top

Payout

We discussed this last year. The SBC does have revenue sharing. I've also seen a line item on the FAU Athletic budget for SBC revenue.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

So nothing substantial?  thats disappointing.
Back to the top

Any payout amount is small compared to what this does for the program in terms of recognition and recruiting.
Back to the top

Per the Sun Belt (and as reported by both the SS and the Post earlier) all bowl revenue is shared equally amongst all Sun Belt programs.
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

Any payout amount is small compared to what this does for the program in terms of recognition and recruiting.

Exactly.
Back to the top

Soylent said

Per the Sun Belt (and as reported by both the SS and the Post earlier) all bowl revenue is shared equally amongst all Sun Belt programs.

In earlier discussions (last year) I though the team kept part (half ?) of the of the revenue and the rest was shared by the Conference.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

hmm so maybe next year we can upgrade to gatoraide????  thats really not that much…
Back to the top
Control functions: