Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Classless Fans

There is an interesting thread on the Troy Fan site about the behavior of our fans.  I attended the game and many of the comments made in the thread are true.  We need to act like we know how to win with class.  You cheer for your team.  You don't yell things like "you suck" or use profanity at the other team.  I am very proud of our team's performance on the field and at the same time, disappointed at the behavior of some of our fans.  I hope we have more class in New Orleans.

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8843

Back to the top

Re: FAU Classless Fans

footballfan47 said

There is an interesting thread on the Troy Fan site about the behavior of our fans.

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8843

Some of our posters have stopped by the thread to apologize and I think that's very honorable of you guys. Obviously one contigent of fans doesn't represent everybody from FAU. We are new at this but some common sense should not be new to us.
Back to the top

So I have a question?  Are Duke and UNC fans in basketball classless?  What about Ohio State LSU fans in football?  I don't think so,  this is not little league.  I agree profanity is one thing but yelling at the other team is part of the game. 
Back to the top

I just read the post on their board before I came here actually.. I wanted to see what they had to say. Now while I'm not saying it was right for them to cheer when Omar got hurt, that's just wrong. They are all bitching and moaning about how our fans "booed" their seniors on senior night… What were they supposed to do? Stand up and clap? Ohh so sorry to see you go it was an honor playing against you. Give me a f'ing break! Oh no what classless fans we have because we booed the opposing team in their own stadium! Get over it!

If the FAU fans were being drunk and stupid and starting fights then they should be kicked out, why they were cheering when Omar got hurt? who knows? We aren't the Philadelphia Eagles (they cheered when Michael Irvin almost broke his neck at the Vet). I wasn't there so I don't know what went on but I'm 100% sure had Troy won this game you'd hear nothing about our fans being classless. Get over it!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

They are all bitching and moaning about how our fans "booed" their seniors on senior night… What were they supposed to do? Stand up and clap? Ohh so sorry to see you go it was an honor playing against you. Give me a f'ing break! Oh no what classless fans we have because we booed the opposing team in their own stadium! Get over it!

I have never seen that happen before until this year and it upset me. They could just stood there or just clapped, but they didn't. TROY doesn't boooo the other team when they are having senior day; trust me I know.

David M. Smith
TROY UNIVERSITY Sound of the South Marching Band
Back to the top

For some reason, after reading their board, the accusations don't surprise me.

I truly hope the FAU fan base evolves* into a classy respectful one and not one that garners a reputation similar to that of University of Miami fans.

*I didn' say evolve to anger anyone or say that the fans arent' classy now, I just am not intelligent enough to know how to say that I hope the final result will be that way in one word, we all know FAU is a work in progress.
Back to the top

I will say that our fans do have some touch ups to attend to but..... that doesnt cover the fact that we won and are in the bowl game baby!!!!
Back to the top

Also, a 8-4 team won't be going bowling……

6-6 teams get them over 8-4
thats the subelt for you….being the lower tear conference….

David M. Smith
TROY UNIVERSITY Sound of the South Marching Band
Back to the top

FAU Classless Fans

Frankly, I resent being compared to UM.  :P

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

If our fans were intentionally cheering a player that was down there is no excuse.  It seems to me that the losing fans always hear the opponents "bad" fans a little clearer after  the game is over.  Boiing the seniors during their introductions is classless in every sense. Looking forward to New Orleans…
Back to the top
Control functions: