Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anyone planning on driving?

I know its a haul, but anyone planning on the road?  Maybe there could be a caravan?

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Anyone planning on driving?

We are tossing around the idea.  Depends on how many guys I get going, more than 3 and we will probably drive up Thursday, late afternoon. 
Back to the top

Thinking about driving as well… Supposed to have about 4 or 5 guys in my car still trying to figure out all the details. May pick up a friend in J'Ville then drive from there

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Going up would be cool.  The drive coming home will suck. 
Back to the top

There will be 8 to 10 thousand of us heading down there.  We love New Orleans.  Train, Plane, and Automobile (and buses) we will be there in droves.

It's about a 6 hr drive for us, I bet it takes you that long or longer just to get out of Florida?
Back to the top

mphs according to google maps from Boca to New Orleans is 12 hours and 12 minutes. Most of us can't take the time off of work to fly out on Wednesday and come home on Monday so a plane ticket S.W. or Airtran is roughly about $300. I don't celebrate Christmas but those who do it's only a few days away so it may be hard for people to get to the game instead of being with their family.

I hope we can show up with a good amount of people. I know I will be there with usual crew and I can assure you, we will be loud lol. If anyone was in the back room of Duffy's we were the guys yelling and chanting and being loud the entire game

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Anyone planning on driving?

mphsfan said

There will be 8 to 10 thousand of us heading down there.  We love New Orleans.  Train, Plane, and Automobile (and buses) we will be there in droves.

It's about a 6 hr drive for us, I bet it takes you that long or longer just to get out of Florida?

yea… you guys are lucky as shit…

we are, obviously, just about as southeast in florida as you can get (outside of miami)…. so we gotta go NORTH and all the way west… sucks… that will inhibit some number of fans… but our FIRST-EVER bowl… we'll send hopefully 5,000

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

That would be a very respectable showing (and help your future bowl aspirations).  Good luck, I hope you are able to exceed that goal.

New Orleans can use all the tourists it can get.
Back to the top

location could be worse…..think cali or someplace…..

as for driving it is the reasonable thing to do….take time but if u have enough people it isnt that bad.

plus if anyone wants to rent a car….pm me i will work on it for you since i work at enterprise.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

mphs according to google maps from Boca to New Orleans is 12 hours and 12 minutes. Most of us can't take the time off of work to fly out on Wednesday and come home on Monday so a plane ticket S.W. or Airtran is roughly about $300. I don't celebrate Christmas but those who do it's only a few days away so it may be hard for people to get to the game instead of being with their family.

I hope we can show up with a good amount of people. I know I will be there with usual crew and I can assure you, we will be loud lol. If anyone was in the back room of Duffy's we were the guys yelling and chanting and being loud the entire game

have fun driving… my buddy use to drive it every month 14 hours door to door…

we were at duffys too… we had the hi top tables as usually and pulled a few together.. we had a great time.. duffys does a good job with all of us and 5 for $8 buckets and 2 4 1 drinks are great, 13 buckets later..

Peyton
Back to the top
Control functions: