Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Props to The Voice

I know the man has been thanked a thousand times before, but for us Diehards it will never be enough. Thank you Howard for helping us build our program. For anyone who has gone to FAU and can appreciate our humble beginnings (and I'm not talking football) you are "The Man".  :)

FAU Forever.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Props to The Voice

Obviously this program would be nowhere. Never even getting it's wings, let alone spread and off the ground soaring high above the Sun Belt, if it was not for the man they call "The Voice". The legendary, Coach Howard Schnellenberger. His name and reputation alone created it all. From the first breath he breathed into this program, it was his insight, his dreams, his plans. It was him alone who kept it all alive, and made it a reality. After all who else could take nothing but a field of dirt and plant the necessary seeds to grow such a fine program. Only Coach Schnellenberger could get the recuits necessary to come to a school with no existing program, no Campus Stadium, let alone having to play their home games at what is nothing more than a high school stadium. Now we can all enjoy the fruits of his labor as we feast on his first harvest, and what a fine crop/program he has grown. Now for the best part, we can now turn the soil (build a On Campus Stadium) so we can grow even better crops. We all owe Coach Schnellenberger our continued support. Lets all contact the Athletic Department and request our season tickets to the new on campus stadium. There is no better way of showing our support.

Now on to a slightly lighter side, but one that is just as important. Our thanks to Mr. Ted Hutton ! It is Ted who has reported on, and who has allowed us to express/vent our feelings. His continued coverage and support has also kept this all alive. He has made every effort to support FAU, as well as us, the fans. From his words, to his photography, and yes even his video work, he has relayed the programs growth to all us here in "Owl Country". Unlike the other guy at the other paper, Ted has kept it positive and has seen the bigger picture, and that is what he has shown us. Thank you Sir Ted !! Keep up the great work and I am looking forward to much more from you and the Sun-Sentinel. I will be looking for the burning of the Troy Trojan Horse that Connie the Wonder Woman created. Thanks to her as well, as she has made each and every week enjoyable, just as you have Ted !

Now let's GO OWLSssssssssssss ! Time to get ready for the Memphis Tigers ! Yes we can tame them tooooooo !!

Everybody give a Hoot Hoot !!

One more comment if I may what is all this "fledgling Owls program" crap that has been plastered in almost all the print I have read ? We are the fastest team to reach a Bowl Game. That does not sound like a "fledgling Owls program to me !!!!

Is it just me or did that ruffel any other feathers out there in "Owl Country" ?

Back to the top

I kinda like that people refer to us as a fledgling program. It makes all our accomplishments seem even more amazing. I don't find it as "crap" at all, there are plenty of other things to get worked up about.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I'm a little miffed that I didn't see any recognition of his latest acheivement mentioned anywhere on ESPN or ESPN.com. C'mon where's the love? All this talk every year about Joe Pa, and Bowden and Howard just keeps on truckin'.  8)

Back to the top

Canadian Owl !

Yes even though some may consider us young in comparison to other programs, we are no longer inexperienced. As we have just proved that. We have shown that we can now fly high with the best of the rest of the Sun Belt, as we now soar high above the Sun Belt. I think that would make us an established program. This win and Bowl appearance should have removed the "Fledgling" stigma attached to this Owl program !!

I hope others feel as I do, that way we just might move forward a little faster than with those who continue to accept the "fledgling" label like you apparently do ! And yes, a Bowl win over Memphis up in N.O. will only help with people like you who still feel we are a "fledgling" program ! We are NOT ! As the team, ask Howard !

Just my opinion now !!!
Back to the top

tampas1owl said

Canadian Owl !

Yes even though some may consider us young in comparison to other programs, we are no longer inexperienced. As we have just proved that. We have shown that we can now fly high with the best of the rest of the Sun Belt, as we now soar high above the Sun Belt. I think that would make us an established program. This win and Bowl appearance should have removed the "Fledgling" stigma attached to this Owl program !!

I hope others feel as I do, that way we just might move forward a little faster than with those who continue to accept the "fledgling" label like you apparently do ! And yes, a Bowl win over Memphis up in N.O. will only help with people like you who still feel we are a "fledgling" program ! We are NOT ! As the team, ask Howard !

Just my opinion now !!!

Dude, are you just copying and pasting each comment on every board? Don't you think we deserve some original content around here?

Even with all our success, I still don't think you can consider us an "established program" yet. We will be in time, but not just yet.

Just MY opinion now !!!

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

We've got a ways to go yet guys, but what is exciting is watching where we are today compared to where we came from, both the U. and our athletics. I'm amazed that just as he did at UM, Kentucky, and Louisville, Howard appears to still have it.  :)

Back to the top

Props to The Voice

Thank you again Coach

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: