Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

College Football News take on New Orleans Bowl

Found this up on www.memphistigers.org site

They rank the New Orleans Bowl as #16.

16. R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
Florida Atlantic vs. Memphis Dec. 21
What?! Florida Atlantic vs. Memphis? The New Orleans Bowl? Yeah, like you're going to cancel your holiday party for this one. Actually, it's a nice bowl to ease you into the rest of the season thanks to two key elements: 1) Motivation. This is Florida Atlantic's first bowl game, and 2) offense. Memphis likes to bomb away with a passing attack that averages 308 yards per game, while Florida Atlantic bombs away for 286 yards per game. Neither team plays much defense so there will be plenty of points, solid efforts, and a surprising amount of fun.
Stars of the show: 1) Memphis QB Marin Hankins, 2) Florida Atlantic QB Rusty Smith, 3) Florida Atlantic CB Tavious Polo
The knee jerk, off-the-cuff, initial prediction: Memphis 45 … Florida Atlantic 38

I agree on the high scoring affair. Just reverse the teams in winning bracket.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: College Football News take on New Orleans Bowl

Yeah… I think FAU has this one… we'll play them like we did Minnesota… we have the element of suprise in the fact that we are still new and there is not a lot of history for Memphis to rate us on…
Back to the top

Not that this guy knows anything and I know our defense hasn't been great this season, but I think this guy is selling our D a bit short.  They have certainly given up too many yards this year, but they have been very good at creating turnovers and they have come up with big stops at critical times in games.  Also, admittedly, I don't know much about the Memphis offense, but from what I have read, they don't have a mobile QB and I think that plays in our favor.  It is the guys that eluded pressure and made playes with their legs, like Haugabook, Tebow, Grothe, ect. that gave us problems. 
Back to the top

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=746757

Much has I hate to admit I HAD to smile at the comment. LOL

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I hate those stupid comments but we all know who eventually will have the last laugh... at least give credit where credits due... like we are the youngest program to ever reach a bowl and congrats to us!!!
Back to the top

this is the same website (Rivals) who don't have any stats up for Rusty. If you look at passing stats for QB's in the NCAA you wont see Rusty's name anywhere in there. The kid has close to 30 TDs and a boatload of passing yards to go along with it but he's not on there. I don't listen to anything Rivals says until they recognize Rusty. I don't care if he's at the bottom which he won't be, but at least put him up there

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Also Rivals.com has our depth chart listed.  Danny Embick is our QB.

I'd rather ask my 87 year old grandmother her opinion than to read their garbage.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

College Football News take on New Orleans Bowl

Danny Embick.....lol....i would rather have my grandmother play qb.
Back to the top

Rivals take on the GMAC bowl:

19. GMAC Bowl, Jan. 6, Bowling Green vs. Tulsa.
Our rule of thumb: As long as there is the possibility of a ton of offense, it's worth watching. These teams average a combined 959.4 yards of offense per game.

good gravy.  Our game will make this one look like a defensive struggle.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Not that this guy knows anything and I know our defense hasn't been great this season, but I think this guy is selling our D a bit short.  They have certainly given up too many yards this year, but they have been very good at creating turnovers and they have come up with big stops at critical times in games.  Also, admittedly, I don't know much about the Memphis offense, but from what I have read, they don't have a mobile QB and I think that plays in our favor.  It is the guys that eluded pressure and made playes with their legs, like Haugabook, Tebow, Grothe, ect. that gave us problems.

Both teams are great at protecting their own QB and very poor at pressuring the other teams QB. This area is a push.
Back to the top
Control functions: