Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

N.O. Bowl -- Early Line

Jeff Sagarin's rankings (for USA Today) are posted, showing FAU at No. 86 and Memphis at No. 123. Using his predictors, FAU would be installed, at a neutral site, as about a 7-point favorite. We'll see. He doesn't post actual odds.

As for strength of schedule, he shows FAU as 76th toughest and Memphis at 129th toughest. (For Sagarin's stats, all I-A and I-AA teams are lumped together.)

The link: USATODAY.com
Back to the top

Re: NO Bowl -- Early Line

This may sound silly, but I hope our boys don't get caught up in the hype, albeit small hype but hype nonetheless.  :)

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

I seriously doubt it. Their goal this season was to win the Belt - they are not going to allow themselves to lose this game …. not now !!

They learned a very valuable lesson at the Troy game - don't celebrate until the Fat Lady Sings !!

GO OWLS !!!
Back to the top

N.O. Bowl -- Early Line

If I read this correctly, two of the Las Vegas outfits have the Owls as 2-point favorites with a 67.5-point over/under.

Index

The accompanying Matchup data is interesting:

http://covers.usatoday.com/game-matchups/matchup.aspx?page=/data/ncf/game/g8_summary_2.html

It's the same story with ChicagoSports:

NCAA College Football Odds
Back to the top

Re: N.O. Bowl -- Early Line

I love how on the matchups page it shows Frantz Simeon as having an "academic" injury! Watch out for those books everybody
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I love how on the matchups page it shows Frantz Simeon as having an "academic" injury! Watch out for those books everybody

Those two steps in front of the library got me a few times. I bet thats what happend to Frantz.

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Funny. I remember a book injury, as well. My roomie threw a book at me when he discovered I had snagged the last cold beer from the fridge...
Back to the top

In my paper (Rocky Mountain News, Denver) this morning, the latest line showed the Owls opening as a 3-point favorite, with that shrinking to 1.5 points by last night. The over/under is 68. That means this oddsmaker is expecting a wild one, perhaps 35-33 or so….good thing the SuperDome sells alcohol.

The latest line also shows UCF 3 over Southern Mississippi, South Florida 6.5 over Oregon, Florida 10.5 over Michigan and Kentucky 1 over Florida State.
Back to the top

so far this season we have done ok against the spreads. I am pretty sure this is right.. A 2 point dog is nothing, thats the closest spread we have had all year… i guess we are getting some respect.

Sept.1 vs. MTSU – covered
Sept.8 at Oklahoma St. – didnt cover
Sept.15 vs. Minnesota, at Dolphin Stadium – covered
Sept.22 at North Texas – covered
Sept.29 at Kentucky – didnt cover
Oct.6 vs. South Forida – covered??? i was a little drunk at the end
Oct.20 at La-Lafayette – covered
Oct.27 vs. La-Monroe (Homecoming) - didnt cover, even worse lost
Nov.10 vs. Arkansas St. – didnt cover, but won
Nov.17 at Florida - untill the end we had it covered…
Nov.24 at FIU – covered and then some…
Dec.1 at Troy – covered as well, with style…

Peyton
Back to the top
Control functions: