Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Troy stays home

Well, it's official. Troy was passed over for going to another bowl and will not be part of the post-season (despite being 8-4). It's too bad that a team can only have one conference loss and still not make a bowl. Hopefully we'll be able to arrange another bowl game for the SBC soon.
Back to the top

Re: Troy stays home

Lm77 said

Well, it's official. Troy was passed over for going to another bowl and will not be part of the post-season (despite being 8-4). It's too bad that a team can only have one conference loss and still not make a bowl. Hopefully we'll be able to arrange another bowl game for the SBC soon.

That's total BS

Troy is a very good team and would embarass several teams going to Bowls.

I feel bad for them. I truly do. They had such an amazing season.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Lm77 said

That's total BS

Embarrass teams going to bowls… You mean like they did against OK State? They are a good team and they do deserve to go to a bowl. It's a shame CUSA has like 10 bowl tie ins. I think FAU and Troy could compete with any of those teams in CUSA

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

owlcountry said

Lm77 said

That's total BS

Embarrass teams going to bowls… You mean like they did against OK State? They are a good team and they do deserve to go to a bowl. It's a shame CUSA has like 10 bowl tie ins. I think FAU and Troy could compete with any of those teams in CUSA

According to the final Sagarin rankings, the SBC is slightly stronger than CUSA overall.
Back to the top

Troy stays home

What we need to do is steal one or two of those bowl tie-ins game from cusa

I think that if teams like FAU, Troy and all teams from the Belt can continue to compete & start winning bowl games on a regular basis - things will get better.  This is still a young football conference that need to earn respect and you do that on the field by winning.
Back to the top

That's true. It all plays in to the motivation of bowl committees when selecting intivees. Once they see the pool of bowl eligible teams, and which already are committed to this bowl of that, the two key ingredients are (1) the number of paying fans the team can bring and (2) whether the team would provide a decent matchup. Being "fair" to a team that has completed a good season is very, very low in the selection criteria. Example: Colorado (6-6) finished out of the money in the Big XII, but it travels well (good fan base), so it is going bowling. It wasn't chosen for its record, or any superstars. It wa$ cho$en becau$e it mo$t likely will help make $ome money for the bowl committee and provide a good opponent for Alabama.
Back to the top

Colorado travels well and Dan Hawkins is a well known coach.  Unfortunately, its a popularity contest as it almost needs to be for revenue, ratings, etc.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Colorado is in the Big12, I have no problem with a Big12 team getting the nod over troy. MAC, USA, MWC are conferences that Troy could be in and do well. I still feel lucky we won the game on Saturday.
Back to the top
Control functions: