Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Boca Street Parade

Add topic

I received this email regarding this parade, and Coach S said on Friday before the game he hoped fans would come out and turn this into an FAU celebration:

FAU Athletics Participates in the Boca Holiday Street Parade

Come and join the FAU basketball, cheer, and dance teams, Owsley the Mascot, the FAU Marching Band and your 2007 Sun Belt Conference Champions football team on Wednesday, December 5th at the Boca Holiday Street Parade. The parade will head north on Federal Highway in Boca Raton and will begin at 7:30 p.m. We look forward to seeing you there.

Back to the top

Re: Boca Street Parade

Man, I wish I could get there.  I have always dreamed of seeing the owls marching down federal hwy in a victory march, and now it is finally happening.  I can't say enough good things about this season.  Go Owls!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Boca Street Parade

Everyone is excited about the parade. Players, coaches, cheer, dance, mascot and prOWLers will be marching and in attendance singing the fight song loud and proud!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Does it start at Glades and Federal? What intersecting street with Federal is it?

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

It starts at Camino Real and goes north on Federal past Mizner Park.
Back to the top

The band will be there.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

The band will be there.

that's awesome!

that will add ALOT to the parade…

where is everyone going to watch (well, those that are actually going that is to say)?
Back to the top

Did anyone go?

Did anyone get a glimpse of them in the "march"?

How was the atmosphere??
Back to the top

Well I was marching in it, and I thought the team was behind us. There was this one part in the parade where you stop and an announcer would…announce you. We played the fight song and fight song two 500 times each, and the drumline cadeneced in between. My hands were so tired after. I guess the atmosphere was OK. Maybe someone who was actually watching it could give a better description.

Also,from now on the Boca Christmas Parade will now be the celebratory parade for FAU winning the conference every year.  ;D
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Well I was marching in it, and I thought the team was behind us. There was this one part in the parade where you stop and an announcer would…announce you. We played the fight song and fight song two 500 times each, and the drumline cadeneced in between. My hands were so tired after. I guess the atmosphere was OK. Maybe someone who was actually watching it could give a better description.

Also,from now on the Boca Christmas Parade will now be the celebratory parade for FAU winning the conference every year.  ;D

well, i went by there and waited…and waited…and then waited some more…had to leave at 8:15 (it started at 7:30) so, walked down a few blocks and still didnt see anything "FAU" coming…

it seemed they were draggin it out majorly…allowing too much space between participants…

i was dissapointed…really wanted to see you guys…
Back to the top
Control functions: