Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Question about Bowl Game stats

Do the stats achieved in Bowl Games count towards regular season stats? For instance Rusty has 27 TDs if he passes for 3 TD's in the game will he have 30 TD's this season or is that considered "Post Season"? How does that work?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Question about Bowl Game stats

It's postseason. 

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Question about Bowl Game stats

Bowl game stats count towards regular season stats.
Back to the top

I stand corrected, I think it's retarded but regular season stats do count.

ORLANDO, Fla. —  Kevin Smith ran 219 yards and a touchdown on a school-record 46 carries to surpass 2,000 yards for the season, and Central Florida defeated UTEP 36-20 on Saturday.

The Knights (9-3, 7-1), winners of six straight since losing to South Florida on Oct. 13, secured the Conference USA East title and will host Tulsa in the C-USA championship game Dec 1.

Smith leads the nation with 2,164 yards rushing, the fourth-highest total in Division I-A (now called Bowl Subdivision) history. Only Oklahoma State's Barry Sanders (2,628 in 1988), USC's Marcus Allen (2,342 in 1981) and Iowa State's Troy Davis (2,185 in 1996) are ahead of Smith on the single-season list.

Smith's statistics in the C-USA title game and UCF's bowl game will count toward his season total. Sanders and Allen, who won Heisman Trophies during their 2,000-yard seasons, played 11 regular-season games and their bowl stats didn't count toward their season total. Davis only played 11 games.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

I agree.  I'm not sure why they changed the rule.  Remember, J.Allen and TCH's numbers included the 1-AA playoffs. 
Back to the top
Control functions: