Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

recruiting

recruiting

anyone with better insight than I have an idea how much better our recruiting will be for next year with a bowl game and a bowl win? I would guess were going to have a very small class anyway with only a few seniors on the team. I guess we can at least concentrate on top tier guys. Between the bowl game, winning the conference and the stadium we should be able to pick up some primo players.

I can't imagine anyone would pick FIU over us at this point. I would love to steal some Rutgers recruits too.

Also pumped that we did so well that Xavier Stinson will probably stay and be pumped. Hopefully he's the legit RB to take control of the game. Altough Pierre and Rose had great seasons. Manley graduates so we could replace him. Edgecomb got in the endzone a couple of times too.
Back to the top

Re: recruiting

couple of points to make here…

1) schnellenberger NEVER releases recruits commitments early or on a one-by-one basis… didn't do it at miami, didn't do it at louisville, didn't do it at OU… hasn't done it here… i don't know WHY, but he says "we need to make sure we get FAU guys, not just football players… i don't know if that has been a political statement or the truth… whatever the reason, the classes have gotten better and better each year

2) FIU still is reporting numerous signings (a lot of them decent players)… don't forget, THEY have actual cranes on campus and shovels in the ground and bleachers going up… their stadium is going to be done next season ::sigh::… PLUS, their opening game is against USF, and we know they travel and the opener will be sold out ::double sigh::

3) stinson will be back… just an injury this season, that's all… we'll have d-i-edge, pierre, stinson, rose… WOW… :)

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

… and Corrdero Drummond from Palm Beach Lakes.  I don't think Xavier got hurt, didn't he decide not to enroll this year to save eligibility?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

… and Corrdero Drummond from Palm Beach Lakes.  I don't think Xavier got hurt, didn't he decide not to enroll this year to save eligibility?

i heard otherwise, but you could be right… i am not 100% sure to be honest

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Well I know he is not attending FAU this year, but first time I've heard it was due to injury.

Back to the top

Fledgling said

… and Corrdero Drummond from Palm Beach Lakes.

no, unfortunately, he didnt make the entrance requirements…
Back to the top

you're right on both points.

Stinson:
One of the top prospects in FAU's 2007 recruiting class was three star prospect Xavier Stinson. The 5 foot 9, 215-pound fullback was supposed to compete immediately for playing time, however a knee injury suffered this summer has put those plans on hold.

Drummond:

He is attending Phoenix University, played QB part of the season. List him as RB

Back to the top

This will definitely have a huge impact on recruiting. I think we will have a shot at some pretty good players you will like the opportunity to compete against top-level non-conference competition in the upcoming years and have a chance to win some of those big games and make history. Winning a conference title and getting national recognition as a bowl team are also valuable selling points. Like each year in the past, this will be FAU's best recruiting year. Once the stadium gets underway this program is going to blow-up. It is an exciting time to be an OWL.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Anybody know how talented our backup DB's are?  We lose Small, Acevedo, and Bartels I think…we could offer some talented freshman playing time immediately. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I know of Curtis Cross, a freshman DB.  He went to Glades Central and was also named PB Post Track Athlete of the Year.

Also we got that kid Jhermel Knight who is related to Javon Kearse and Deion Sanders. I know he was recruited by Ole Miss and Pittsburgh but chose us.  Another fleet footed guy.

Other than that we have some solid older DB's with Tavoris Hill, Corey Small, and Greg Joseph returning…

Back to the top
Control functions: