Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Something positive from Fox Sports

NCAA College Football News, Videos, Scores, Polls, Standings, Stats, Teams, Schedule - FOX Sports on MSN

Main two mentions…

Message to — Howard Schnellenberger: Congratulations on getting Florida Atlantic to a Sun Belt Championship and a school-first bowl game with a program you started from scratch six years ago. At the age of 73, Schnellenberger has still got it, building a foundation for long-term success at a Sunshine State school for the second time in his brilliant coaching career

Non-BCS Team of the Week: Florida Atlantic. A 15-point underdog to Sun Belt heavyweight Troy, the Owls delivered a program-defining, 38-32 upset of the Trojans to win the conference. Florida Atlantic got two touchdowns and 291 yards from QB Rusty Smith, and four sacks from DE Audric Adger to spark the under-the-radar upset of the last month of the season.

and…
Stats Amore: Florida Atlantic WR Cortez Gent had eight catches for 155 yards and a touchdown in the win over Troy

Not bad. ;D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: Something positive from Fox Sports

dusky256fc said

NCAA College Football News, Videos, Scores, Polls, Standings, Stats, Teams, Schedule - FOX Sports on MSN

Main two mentions…

Message to — Howard Schnellenberger: Congratulations on getting Florida Atlantic to a Sun Belt Championship and a school-first bowl game with a program you started from scratch six years ago. At the age of 73, Schnellenberger has still got it, building a foundation for long-term success at a Sunshine State school for the second time in his brilliant coaching career

Non-BCS Team of the Week: Florida Atlantic. A 15-point underdog to Sun Belt heavyweight Troy, the Owls delivered a program-defining, 38-32 upset of the Trojans to win the conference. Florida Atlantic got two touchdowns and 291 yards from QB Rusty Smith, and four sacks from DE Audric Adger to spark the under-the-radar upset of the last month of the season.

and…
Stats Amore: Florida Atlantic WR Cortez Gent had eight catches for 155 yards and a touchdown in the win over Troy

Not bad. ;D

Nice….except that Audric Adger plays for FIU… >:(
Back to the top

Baby steps…it's much better than expected from those idiots at Fox.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

The FAU/FIU mix ups are constant in the national media. It doesn't seem that complicated to me, but I guess it is.
Back to the top

Also, they ranked our Bowl Game at #16, which is respectable.

16. R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Florida Atlantic vs. Memphis, Dec. 21

What?! Florida Atlantic vs. Memphis? The New Orleans Bowl? Yeah, like you're going to cancel your holiday party for this one. Actually, it's a nice bowl to ease you into the rest of the season thanks to two key elements: 1) motivation — this is Florida Atlantic's first bowl game — and 2) offense. Memphis likes to bomb away with a passing attack that averages 308 yards per game, while Florida Atlantic bombs away for 286 yards per game. Neither team plays much defense so there will be plenty of points, solid efforts, and a surprising amount of fun.
Stars of the show: 1) Memphis QB Marin Hankins, 2) Florida Atlantic QB Rusty Smith, 3) Florida Atlantic CB Tavious Polo
The off-the-cuff initial prediction: Memphis 45, Florida Atlantic 38
Back to the top

Hey guys,

We all know that we are definetly not the headliners of the media, but think of it this way, come Dec. 21st when we are on ESPN, they won't be able to stop talking about us.  I think this game being televised nationally will definetly do help the everyone recognize OUR school, not FIU,FSU, or whoever else they confuse us with.  I really wish that we would have had some thurs. night games on ESPN this year versus last year, seeing as this was a much better season for us.  I know the televised games last year were painful to watch, and probably didn't do too well in the ratings, but that should change, hopefully by next season.

By the way Old shool owl, what does that avatar say, I can't read the writing, but that may be the best picture I have ever seen. can you blow it up for us to see a little clearer?

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Something positive from Fox Sports

duder said

Hey guys,

We all know that we are definetly not the headliners of the media, but think of it this way, come Dec. 21st when we are on ESPN, they won't be able to stop talking about us.  I think this game being televised nationally will definetly do help the everyone recognize OUR school, not FIU,FSU, or whoever else they confuse us with.  I really wish that we would have had some thurs. night games on ESPN this year versus last year, seeing as this was a much better season for us.  I know the televised games last year were painful to watch, and probably didn't do too well in the ratings, but that should change, hopefully by next season.

By the way Old shool owl, what does that avatar say, I can't read the writing, but that may be the best picture I have ever seen. can you blow it up for us to see a little clearer?

Now, that we have a conference championship under our belt, then we might just get a Thursday night game. MTSU had a coulpe this year, after doing the same exact thing we did this year.
Back to the top

I hope so.  I am curious as to what the TV ratings for the NO Bowl will be.  Not that I really care about numbers but interested to hear about how many people tune in to watch this game.  I wonder if most people think like I do and realize that CFB is just about done for the year so I better get my fill of it while I can.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

I hope so.  I am curious as to what the TV ratings for the NO Bowl will be.  Not that I really care about numbers but interested to hear about how many people tune in to watch this game.  I wonder if most people think like I do and realize that CFB is just about done for the year so I better get my fill of it while I can.

Also, hopefully that are millions of degenerate gamblers out there, that will have an interest. ;D
Back to the top

hey atleast we are getting some pub., i stopped by the football office today at the Ox and people there are running around like "owls with there heads cut off" its nutz
Back to the top
Control functions: