Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Memphis is struggling with ticket sales too...

Ive been on thier boards digging for information and sharing with them some of ours.

Most have been nice so for with the occasional idiot, but hey that happens on any board.

Apparently so far thier ticket sales are WAY below what they expected initially. They have had to cancel one of thier charters due to lack of interest.

Apparently a huge factor in this is the fact that theyre Basketball team, currently #2 in the nation, will be playing Gerogetown, currently #4 on the Saturday after the NO bowl.  It has been almsot universally agreed by most of thier board members that THIS game is much more important to attend then the NO Bowl, and that those who only have the means or time to attend one event WILL choose the regular season basketball game. Crazy to me, but then Im not a basketball fan.  ???

I really hope both schools send bunch's as if its empty in there the odds of EVER getting an at large bid should we need it in the future would be severly hampered. Just ask Bmarkey about what it did to Troy this year.

Thread link below.

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=267794

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Memphis is struggling with ticket sales too...

owlfamily said

Crazy to me, but then Im not a basketball fan.  ???

when football season ends, think that will change - when you hit FAU Sports "withdrawl"…   ;D

basketball and baseball jump into the limelite…….

on the attendance…i sure Hope that doesnt happen, then they have to do all those crazy angled shoots to keep the cameras from showing the empty stands…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlfamily said

Crazy to me, but then Im not a basketball fan.  ???

when football season ends, think that will change - when you hit FAU Sports "withdrawl"…   ;D

basketball and baseball jump into the limelite…….

on the attendance…i sure Hope that doesnt happen, then they have to do all those crazy angled shoots to keep the cameras from showing the empty stands…

Agree, but see to them, Basketball season has started and for the majority this bowl is nothing compared to that. Especially this one game. And granted that will be a great Basketball game, but come on its a BOWL game.  Ive argued a few on another post and its just par for the course for them. The majority (not all they do have some rabid football fans) care much more for basketball then football.

One asked "If the situation were reversed would FAU be as interested in a bowl game between 2, 7-5 teams for a bowl game, or would theyre be more excitement for a matchup of 2 of the best teams in the country in Basketball?"
For me its a no brainer, the bowl is the precedent. But like I said, Im not a basketball fan. Just never cared for the sport.

Back to the top

yeah they are basketball crazy there…especially since Calapari came in as Head Coach…

i asked this on another thread, and may as well pose it here too:

How many fans attended last years NO Bowl that had no affiliation with eith University…ie - they were just football fans??
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

yeah they are basketball crazy there…especially since Calpari came in as Head Coach…

i asked this on anbother thread, and may as well pose it here too:

How many fans attended last years NO Bowl that had no offiliation with eith University…ie - they were just football fans??

I'm guessing not many.  I'd hope that they invite local charities, youth groups, and football leagues out. 
Back to the top

I'd love for nothing more than Memphis to bring few fans to new Orleans and UCF brings 12-15,000 to Memphis. Come expansion time (Big East), these things will matter most.
Back to the top

Memphis is struggling with ticket sales too...

UCFKnight85 said

I'd love for nothing more than Memphis to bring few fans to new Orleans and UCF brings 12-15,000 to Memphis. Come expansion time (Big East), these things will matter most.

Yup, thats why I hope we put up a good showing too. Though we may have a slight amount of wiggle room being so "new"

Back to the top

Would it be too much to hope that FAU would pick up 10-20 tickets for prosepctive donors especially those that might have an interest in naming rights?

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Would it be too much to hope that FAU would pick up 10-20 tickets for prosepctive donors especially those that might have an interest in naming rights?

The Sun Sentinel article yesterday mentioned that they would be bringing some potential donors along to NO. 
Back to the top

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Back to the top
Control functions: