Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

When do you think the media will stop replacing fau with another florida unv.?

"This has to be the biggest win of all," said FSU coach Howard Schnellenberger, who also has produced wins over Hawaii and Minnesota during the Owls' short life span.
http://www.kansascity.com/467/story/386090.html

i didn't know Schnellenberger coached FSU also!
Also I remember someone telling me that during the UF game the announcer kept calling us FIU.
Back to the top

Re: When do you think the media will stop replacing fau with another florida unv.?

It'll stop when we start being called Florida Atlantic, in the media, rather than just FAU. Too many acronyms out there.

FSU, USF, UCF, FIU, FAU… That's alot of 'em. :-\
Back to the top

Re: When do you think the media will stop replacing fau with another florida unv.?

Just keep winning and people wont make that mistake.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

put up a poll here on this question...
Back to the top

Believe it or not, the same thing happens with the "other" Florida schools as well.
Lousy sports writing and announcing - about as bad as the SBC refs !
Back to the top

FAUFBL, you mentioned 'refs.' Wonder where the crew for the N.O. Bowl will call home….
Back to the top

When do you think the media will stop replacing fau with another florida unv.?

mracer said

"This has to be the biggest win of all," said FSU coach Howard Schnellenberger, who also has produced wins over Hawaii and Minnesota during the Owls' short life span.

Also I remember someone telling me that during the UF game the announcer kept calling us FIU.
Probably next year when we are going to our second straight bowl game, or if we shock one of either Texas or Michigan State next year.  I think winning in New Orleans will help though.
Back to the top

mh2os said

mracer said

Probably next year when we are going to our second straight bowl game, or if we shock one of either Texas or Michigan State next year.  I think winning in New Orleans will help though.

I doubt it, they'll still mess it up. :-\
Back to the top
Control functions: