Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NO Bowl up to #16 in Scout.com review

Scout.com: Ranking All 32 Bowl Games

16. R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
Florida Atlantic vs. Memphis Dec. 21
What?! Florida Atlantic vs. Memphis? The New Orleans Bowl? Yeah, like you're going to cancel your holiday party for this one. Actually, it's a nice bowl to ease you into the rest of the season thanks to two key elements: 1) Motivation. This is Florida Atlantic's first bowl game, and 2) offense. Memphis likes to bomb away with a passing attack that averages 308  yards per game, while Florida Atlantic bombs away for 286 yards per game. Neither team plays much defense so there will be plenty of points, solid efforts, and a surprising amount of fun.
Stars of the show: 1) Memphis QB Marin Hankins, 2) Florida Atlantic QB Rusty Smith, 3) Florida Atlantic CB Tavious Polo
The knee jerk, off-the-cuff, initial prediction: Memphis 45 … Florida Atlantic 38

Freedom is not Free!
Home of the Free because of the Brave.
Back to the top

Re: NO Bowl up to #16 in Scout.com review

To bad after a decent write up he screwed up and switched the scores.

Memphis 38 … Florida Atlantic 45

I fixed it for him. ;D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

i doubt they score that many against us…

IMO we could dominate this game as well…

BUT, no predicitons…we all know how that went this year ::)

Owls win!!!  8)

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

To bad after a decent write up he screwed up and switched the scores.

Memphis 38 … Florida Atlantic 45

I fixed it for him. ;D

This was not a prediction…just fixing his typo for him.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

No way Memphis wins this one unless Hankins has a carrer game.  Owls by 14.
Back to the top

NO Bowl up to #16 in Scout.com review

hankins has been have a great second half of the season.  you will like our receivers.  yall toss it around a bit also, but with a little bet more rugged running game.  i am looking fun to an entertaining game.  good luck.
gotigersgo
Back to the top

It's nice to see the prediction has FAU in the battle. But, I think the Sun Belt Player of the year Rusty Smith will lead us to victory.  Edgecomb will also be the difference, and like the game in Troy he will make an impact in the outcome.  Hope it's a great game. GO OWLS!! 
Back to the top

If you look at the stats this is a very close game but I think one of the differences is going to be the defense.  From what I have seen and heard they don't have one, their game plan is to just outscore you.  I don't remember the exact numbers but FAU has only lost a couple of time when scoring over 30 points and I don't believe has ever lost when scoring more than 40(not that you should either).  I don't think a defense that gave up the numbers in two losses to two Sunbelt teams can stop Rusty, Harmon, Gent and D-Edge…it just isn't going to happen.

I think it will be a high scoring game with our defense stepping up, exactly like the Troy game, when needed.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: