Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Thread: FAU vs FGCU 12-08-07

Add topic

Game thread for tonights game:

LINK: WMEN 640AM Interner Radio Braodcast - FAU vs FGCU, 7:00pm

Back to the top

Re: Game Thread: FAU vs FGCU

Anyone think its a good sign that Paul Graham is at the game?

Hughley is out for a bit thats no good.
Back to the top

We could use PG back!  I was at the game and thought FGCU was horrible and we were 15 points better than horrible.  Not impressed at all I must say.  If we played a Sunbelt team tonight, we lose by 20.  It was sloppy.

How bad must FIU be?  Yikes.
Back to the top

PG was at the game and to me that is a good sign for him coming back, when is a different story - if it's grades (which IMHO it is) then we miss him for a semester  ::)

I thought tonight the team played a much better game overall, controlled the boards for the most part, played with a much higher energy then against McNeese, we did have a problem at the end with turnovers, but FGC did press more in the second half.  You have to be pleased that the Owls did control the game from the start & a win is a major plus right now & gives the players something to build on.

I like the effort from the players & the energy that was there, if they continue to build on this game then we should be OK, it's getting there.  I would have like for the team to have build on the lead they had at the half, then again they never allowed FGC to gain any momentum to mount a comeback.

Monroe had his usual game, Alarcon had a solid game, a few more three's to drop and he could have had a monster of a game & what can you say about Royster, he continues to play solid down low.

This was a good win for us, lets see how they the team respond against UNF.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Bytor said

PG was at the game and to me that is a good sign for him coming back, when is a different story - if it's grades (which IMHO it is) then we miss him for a semester  ::)

Sorry if this has been mentioned already since I just came home from work and I'm catching up with you guys now…

but Marcus Nelson is reporting on his blog that Walters has talked to Graham and he should be back in 30 days. Also, Kone should be back in 15.

Nice win, btw!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Bytor said

Sorry if this has been mentioned already since I just came home from work and I'm catching up with you guys now…

but Marcus Nelson is reporting on his blog that Walters has talked to Graham and he should be back in 30 days. Also, Kone should be back in 15.

Nice win, btw!

That is good news.  Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll have Graham, Hughley, Hernandez, and Owens on the court.  Come conference play, we could be a much deeper, more dangerous team. 
Back to the top

Bytor said

It was  not grades from what I heard.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Game Thread: FAU vs FGCU 12-08-07

How was crowd?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Bytor said

It was  not grades from what I heard.

Yep, it was not grades, I stand corrected on that one.

The crowd was slow in developing - official count 866 in attendane
Back to the top

Can someone help me understand why we cannot get students to attend games consistently.  I think it's free.  The game was complete by 9PM.  Other than 20 Rowdies and 15 PrOWLers, that was a Junior High School atmosphere.  I hate to bash my University, but what is being done to draw attention to basketball?  We have been in D1 for about 13 years so please no excuses of "students go home on weekends."  We have 26,000 students.  I was at the game, and I estimate that of the 866 in attendance, maybe 75 were students.  That may be generous. 
Back to the top
Control functions: