Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty on TV tonight

Rusty will appear on Sun Sports (FSN 35 on comcast) tonight starting at 7:00pm.

Back to the top

Re: Rusty on TV tonight

It was a good interview......the show spoke highly of him as well
Back to the top

It was a good interview. I am not too fond of how Doering had to focus on Florida like he always does. The guy is a loser.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Thanks for the alert (also received an e-advisory from Bobbie Jo Belus in the Athletics office). Rusty did well, and the talking heads said nice things about him (between sessions of fawning over Tebow). The clip and praise for Tavious Polo and the coach also were good. For those who missed it, the program is on the Sun Sports schedule for repeat Tuesday morning at 8 Mountain Time, which would be 10 Eastern.
Back to the top

Rusty on TV tonight

i've been a regular of the show… watching Whit Watson and SunSports Tailgate Overtime for years… i love the show… i love Whit Watson - he does a GREAT job on SunSports…

he did a LOT to cover Crissinger-Hill, Allen, Laskowski and the 2003 team back in 2003…

the show has fallen off, IMO, because of the tools they brought in when terry norville and brady ackerman left 2 years ago…

chris doering is an absolute schmohawk…. that's yiddush for MORON, haha

nevertheless, props to Whit and SunSports for shining light on Tavious Polo as well as the big interview with Rusty

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Bytor said

It was alright. The questions were predictable. I'll give abbreviations of what Rusty Smith said:

THEM: "Consider the sophomore quarterbacks in the state… Tebow, Grothe, etc… what do you think you need to do to be on their level or what do you want to work on for next year?"
RS: "Having more confidence in my O-line because there were times where I thought I was going to get sacked but on tape review I realize I had more time."

THEM: "What were you feeling as you played in the Swamp?"
RS: "Great memories there because I saw so many games. I was excited to play there."

THEM: "What did the win over Minnesota do to your team's confidence?"
RS: "It heightened our confidence."

THEM: "Are people on-campus excited about football now?"
RS: "Yes, now that we're winning games and going to a bowl."

THEM: "How does it feel to be coached by HS?"
RS: "He's a great coach. I just do what he tells me to do."

And that was about it. The interview wasn't announced before commercial break or anything… it's like they were discussing FSU's new coach and Tebow and stopped mid-sentence to ask him a question. Then it was over.

But any publicity is good publicity, I guess, and below him the title said "2007 Sun Belt Offensive Player Of The Year."

Back to the top

Our buddy, Steve Walsh, stated he believed (and I agree), that Rusty is the second best QB in the state.

The improvement that kid has shown in one year is unbelievable. 
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Bytor said

It was alright. The questions were predictable. I'll give abbreviations of what Rusty Smith said:

THEM: "Consider the sophomore quarterbacks in the state… Tebow, Grothe, etc… what do you think you need to do to be on their level or what do you want to work on for next year?"
RS: "Having more confidence in my O-line because there were times where I thought I was going to get sacked but on tape review I realize I had more time."

THEM: "What were you feeling as you played in the Swamp?"
RS: "Great memories there because I saw so many games. I was excited to play there."

THEM: "What did the win over Minnesota do to your team's confidence?"
RS: "It heightened our confidence."

THEM: "Are people on-campus excited about football now?"
RS: "Yes, now that we're winning games and going to a bowl."

THEM: "How does it feel to be coached by HS?"
RS: "He's a great coach. I just do what he tells me to do."

And that was about it. The interview wasn't announced before commercial break or anything… it's like they were discussing FSU's new coach and Tebow and stopped mid-sentence to ask him a question. Then it was over.

But any publicity is good publicity, I guess, and below him the title said "2007 Sun Belt Offensive Player Of The Year."

Were you watching the same program as I was?  They absolutely teased Rusty's appearance at both commercial breaks leading up to his interview.  You seem to take the negative approach to everything that is said or written. The fact that they had a two minute segment about Rusty and the Owls is a fantastic tool to help recruit by just exposing FAU to kids that have not heard much about us.  Damn dude, step back and enjoy the small things…  It's the Holiday season… ;)
Back to the top

They did mention Rusty's appearance before multiple commercial breaks.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

It was a good interview by Rusty. I really like the statement that he said he still needs to improve. I know he is very dedicated and I be amazing if he could.  Finally someone on the show gave him props for this season.  Counting down the days for an Owl Victory. GO OWLS!!
Back to the top
Control functions: