Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MSNBC Article

See the 2nd page.. Most surprising bowl appearance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22090147/
Back to the top

Re: MSNBC Article

matt grothe getting recognized for heisman next year?.......thats bolognia

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

jvowl said

matt grothe getting recognized for heisman next year?…….thats bolognia

NO chance.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

The way Rusty Smith is playing as a sophomore and the fact he is being developed by Howard, does anyone thing he'll get some Heisman votes in 2009?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

The way Rusty Smith is playing as a sophomore and the fact he is being developed by Howard, does anyone thing he'll get some Heisman votes in 2009?

If he puts up impressive TD/yardage numbers with a minimum of interceptions, it's possible but since we play in the Sun Belt it's very unlikely.

That's a good question… if Rusty Smith had the same numbers as other pocket quarterbacks from established conferences like the SEC, would he be a serious countender?
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Highly unlikely due to us being in the SunBelt.  We would need to start beating some BCS teams to get some notice, and not just Minnesota.  Not that Rusty will not be deserving of a vote, because he impresses me with his accuracy and his lack of mistakes, but FAU would probably need to go undefeated (or close to it) in 2008 and 2009 to get a real consideration for any vote at all.  I would enjoy seeing that happen. 
Back to the top

MSNBC Article

Nice little article.  Hopefully we'll be talking about Rusty's Heisman chances at the end of next year.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Highly unlikely due to us being in the SunBelt.  We would need to start beating some BCS teams to get some notice, and not just Minnesota.

Not a problem…

we'll start with Texas……. 8)
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

fauowl said

Highly unlikely due to us being in the SunBelt.  We would need to start beating some BCS teams to get some notice, and not just Minnesota.

Not a problem…

I'm with you.  Next year could be very special.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Florida_Owl said

Not a problem…

I'm with you.  Next year could be very special.

If we can get past Texas and Michigan State, with Texas being the harder of the two but look at what UCF did this year, we could potentially win all of our OOC games.

I'm hearing from UCF fans that UAB is terrible and we all know that we can break holes in Minnesota.
Back to the top
Control functions: