Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Owls Nest Bowl Championship Series

Add topic

Who would win the 2-15 first-round matchup of The Owls Nest Bowl Championship Series?

2 LSU
15 Central Michigan

You must select between 1 and 15 options

so here's how we help pass the time until the New Orleans Bowl arrives

the BCS sucks… we all know that… so i took the now-famous Wetzel Plan (from cbssportsline.com - see here: The Wetzel plan - College Football - Rivals.com) and edited some of the teams and seeds based on the final BCS poll of the season released tonight… this is not a thread to argue or debate the crappy BCS system that exists… the rankings are set… this is a thread to debate OUR playoff!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

there's the 16 teams… i'll set polls for each of the games per round… this should be fun…

Back to the top

Re: The Owls Nest Bowl Championship Series

We have better speed, but they would just try to out muscle us.  Maybe this game could be unexpectedly really close in two years.
Back to the top

i didn't think anyone was paying attention to this thread… i thought it would be fun… let's go with Ohio State… on paper, you have to… i know this was the APP STATE year, but on paper, you have to go with OSU

on to 2-15….. voting is up…

Back to the top

I got us playing Central MIchigan in the final and we win by 100! If you are going to have a playoff system like this, why wouldnt you just skip all the games that will be blow outs and just put OSU and LSU in the championship.

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

BocaCoop said

I got us playing Central MIchigan in the final and we win by 100! If you are going to have a playoff system like this, why wouldnt you just skip all the games that will be blow outs and just put OSU and LSU in the championship.

Because a team like BYU was rolling at the end of the season and could possibly make it to the semi-final and give LSU a run.

And because OSU is a FRAUD and would get exposed sooner or later.  Oklahoma or UF would pound OSU into submission this year.
Back to the top

The Owls Nest Bowl Championship Series

Yep, take that list and then do

—- SET 1 —- 8 games
#1 vs #2
3 vs 4
5 vs 6
7 vs 8
9 vs 10
11 vs 12
13 vs 14
15 vs 16

—- SET 2 —- 4 games
Winner of 15/16 plays winner of 13/14 = "Winner 4a"
Winner of 11/12 plays winner of 10/9 = "Winner 3a"
Winner of 8/7 plays winner of 6/5 = "Winner 2a"
Winner of 4/3 plays winner of 2/1 = "Winner 1a"

—- SET 3 —- 2 games
Winner 4a vs Winner 3a = Winner 2b
Winner 2a vs Winner 1a = Winner 1b

—- FINAL SET  —- 1 game
Winner 2b and Winner 1b play

The bottom team plays progressively harder opponents. The top team proves it is the best by beating four lower teams.

Problem with this is that it would likely stretch into late January.
Back to the top

Okay, I say we beat Ohio State, we have Rusty, Harmon, Gent, and Rose.

Seriously though, I thought Rusty would have jitters, anything but.

He plays like he expects to dominate now. Huge change in our team's confidence. next year will be interesting.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: