Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Troy's offensive coordinator to Auburn

Troy's offensive coordinator to Auburn

I'm told they've already lost a commit over this move…

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2007/12/franklin_set_to_take_over_aubu.html

Franklin set to take over Auburn offense; Muschamp's status is uncertain
Posted by Phillip Marshall, The Huntsville Times December 11, 2007 2:32 PM

AUBURN - Tony Franklin, the architect of the spread offfense that made Troy a juggernaut in the Sun Belt Conference, is poised to become Auburn's offensive coordinator. The announcement is expected before Friday, when practice begins for Auburn's Dec. 31 game agaisnt Clemson in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.

Whether Will Muschamp will still be Auburn's defensive coordinator is uncertain. Some reports say Muschamp could be named Arkansas head coach as early as Wednesday, but sources close to Muschamp say he has neither interviewed nor been asked to interview. That could obviously change at any time, and there is little doubt Muschamp would take the job if offered.

The hiring of Franklin to replace Al Borges will mark a dramatic change in Auburn's offensive philosophy. Franklin spent four seasons at Kentucky working for Hal Mumme, and was offensive coordiantor in 2000. He is considered one of the nation's foremost experts on the spread offense.

In two seasons at Troy, Franklin transformed the Trojans' offense. After averaging just 12 points per game in 2005, they averaged 25 points per game in 2006 and 34 points and 452.8 yards per game this season.
Back to the top

Re: Troy's offensive coordinator to Auburn

Yeah,

Ive been purusing the Troy boards. They are pretty pissed off about it as apparently Aubrun is a competitor of thiers for recruits.

Good for us, as they will be in some orginizational disarray. Looks good like we would be able to run the Sunbelt next year as they are by far the strongest competition for us.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Outside of the effects of it all, pretty impressive promotion.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Let me be the first to congratulate Mr. Franklin…

Bon voyage'…tah tah! ;)
Back to the top

Fledgling said

Outside of the effects of it all, pretty impressive promotion.

Very impressive promotion, indeed.

Speaking of Troy… hasn't the main drive behind Troy's success in the last two years been senior QB Omar Haugabook? Are they still going to be able to repeat their SBC success next year without him?
Back to the top

That will certainly open the door for our dominance in the SunBelt

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I guess muschamp isn't going to arkansas ;D 
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Speaking of Troy… hasn't the main drive behind Troy's success in the last two years been senior QB Omar Haugabook? Are they still going to be able to repeat their SBC success next year without him?

they still have solid QB's…

but the coordinator loss is going to hurt them…i wonder if they will stay with the spread or go back to a "power run"…
Back to the top

From everythign Ive been reading theyre coach wants to keep the spread.

Looks like they will probably promote a in house guy to OC.

No matter what it will be disruptive, but if they stick in house that person will have the idea behind thier offense and it wont be as disruptive. Id expect troy to be right behind us in SunBelt play for the next few years.

The EDGE now comes in recruiting. A bowl this year, and with this news may keep some of those local S. Florida boys home thinking they will have a great program wth HS and FAU.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Ted is reporting that the QB will likely leave and go to Auburn with Franklin…

I dont know how solid their third string was this year…

BUT cant say that i'm dissapointed ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: