Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

STRAIGHT FROM THE COACH!- WEAR BLUE in NO.

Coach S updated his blog. Nice reading but here is one nugget to digest.

Question from Alejandro
Congrats coach ! You deserve this. I always believed in you. What colors should be worn for the N.O. Bowl ? Wouldn't be great we could create a big unity color wise ? Please try to coordinate with the athletics department and let us know when you get a chance.

Thanks again !
GO OWLS !!!!!

Response from Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger
There is no question. We are to stand in solidarity against Memphis. We are to paint a picture of solidarity for an ESPN2 audience on the only game scheduled on that day. We will send a most loud message in our BLUE. Help us spread the word.

There you have it WEAR BLUE at the NO Bowl.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: STRAIGHT FROM THE COACH!- WEAR BLUE in NO.

owlfamily said

Question from Alejandro
Congrats coach ! You deserve this. I always believed in you. What colors should be worn for the N.O. Bowl ? Wouldn't be great we could create a big unity color wise ? Please try to coordinate with the athletics department and let us know when you get a chance.

Thanks again !
GO OWLS !!!!!

There is no question. We are to stand in solidarity against Memphis. We are to paint a picture of solidarity for an ESPN2 audience on the only game scheduled on that day. We will send a most loud message in our BLUE. Help us spread the word.

I don't know seems like a bad call as Memphis' main color is blue.  Ohh well.
Back to the top

lngbrdr said

owlfamily said

Question from Alejandro

Thanks again !
GO OWLS !!!!!

I don't know seems like a bad call as Memphis' main color is blue.  Ohh well.

It is a bad call. I know coach has always been a supporter of Blue since it is our main color but for this game we need to wear red. Like Hutton says the most important thing is that we show up, but if you do show up wear Red because if you wear Blue it's going to look like the crowd is filled with Memphis fans and there are no FAU fans.

You want to wear blue when we don't play Memphis go for it but when we play a team who's main color is blue I say we wear Red

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

….if you do show up wear Red because if you wear Blue it's going to look like the crowd is filled with Memphis fans and there are no FAU fans.

Given the report that we've only sold 600 tickets this might not be a bad thing. 

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

GOING WITH BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE
Back to the top

STRAIGHT FROM THE COACH!- WEAR BLUE in NO.

Agree but hey if this is what the man responsible for the bowl game wants I say give it to em.

Honestly with about 800-1000 owl fans it would probably get lost in the shuffle anyway.

This needs to be put to bed.

Basketball is RED, that tradition has been established.

Lets make a PUSH for coach. BLUE FOR FOOTBALL.

Back to the top

The color isn't "blue" anyhow.  It's NAVY.  So navy at least.  (My personal preference is RED in the long run.)
Back to the top

Memphis fans wear nothing but blue.....
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

Memphis fans wear nothing but blue…..

It's a completely different blue than our blue, however. If we were playing Arizona, then I would have concerns. DO NOT GO AGAINST SCHNELLY!
Back to the top

Too Quote many others

"Show up naked for all I care, but SHOW UP!"

I have to ask what if this controversy wouldnt of happend earlier? Lets say BLUE was it and we wore it ALL year long. Would WE of changed for the NO Bowl because our opponent wears the same color?
I doubt it.

The TV Cameras will flash to the FAU section when something happens and youll see owl logo's. Expect to see a lot of FAU BLUE shirts with FAU helmets and logo's on TV as we score over and over again on the Memphis D.
;D

Back to the top
Control functions: