Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chances for the SBC to get national attention

Chances for the SBC to get national attention

Just a couple to consider here… would be extraordinary if these were wins, although some (FIU at UF) are more unlikely than others, of course.

ASU at Penn State
MTSU at Louisville
NT at Miami, LSU
Troy at Ohio State, LSU
ULL at Southern Miss
ULM at Auburn, Mississippi
WKU at Alabama

ASU at Nebraska
FIU at Auburn, Alabama and Florida (wtf FIU…)
MTSU at Clemson
Troy at Arkansas
ULL at Nebraska

MTSU at Georgia Tech
WKU at Nebraska
ULL at LSU

MTSU at Georgia Tech

MTSU at Georgia Tech
WKU at Alabama

…plus our future schedules.

Nebraska seems to have a penchant for playing Sun Belt teams.
Back to the top

Re: Chances for the SBC to get national attention

Look for Troy to give Arkansas a run for their money in 2009. I am calling this game two years in advance.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Look for Troy to give Arkansas a run for their money in 2009. I am calling this game two years in advance.

GO OWLS!!!

don't be too quick to make that call… no more haugabrook, they just lost their o-coordinator… the team may regress… we'll see

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

don't be too quick to make that call… no more haugabrook, they just lost their o-coordinator… the team may regress… we'll see

Arkansas will be slipping too. They have a new coach (Petrino) who will have a difficult time recruiting since he has proven himself to be a liar, a coward, a quiter, and the first one to jump ship when trouble arises. He accomplished all of that in the span of 48 hours. I don't see too many parents wanting to send their kids to play for him.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

fauowl09 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Arkansas will be slipping too. They have a new coach (Petrino) who will have a difficult time recruiting since he has proven himself to be a liar, a coward, a quiter, and the first one to jump ship when trouble arises. He accomplished all of that in the span of 48 hours. I don't see too many parents wanting to send their kids to play for him.

GO OWLS!!!

oh i completely disagree…

bobby petrino has done what, sadly, is expected from high-caliber coaches - jump ship when ship is sinking

he'll be successful at arkansas… it's hard not to be successful in the SEC (outside of being vanderbilt)… arkansas is a team that was in the SEC Championship game last season… SEC teams (outside of vandy) have overwhelmingly successful programs, whether it is for a sustained amount of time (LSU the past couple of seasons… Florida in the mid-90s) or peak for a season and then return to middle of the pack (auburn in the early 2000's… florida right now)…

however, that's a whole different argument…

back to Troy vs. Arkansas… all i am saying is don't just GIVE troy this game… it's still a Sun Belt school going up against an SEC school… miracles happen - but don't just write off goliath before david even shows up for the match

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Troy should have beaten Arkansas this year. First game special teams and other problems lost it.

Troy plays at Ohio State and LSU in 2008. The last time Troy was in Baton Rouge, the Trojans took a touchdown lead with less than 2 minutes to play, but it was called back on a questionable penalty. Troy then hit a field goal to take the lead, but with less than a minute to play, gave up a bomb TD to lose it. LSU was the defending national champion that year.

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

:o  :o  :o

…thems harsh words - but true! ;)
Back to the top

Petrino and Saban belong in the same conference....
Back to the top

grayowl said

Petrino and Saban belong in the same conference….

They should be sleeping side by side in a twin bed.

I thought Saban was a p.o.s. and then Petrino one-upped him. I hope they both get what they deserve, waxed week after week by the SEC elite and then chased off campus because they can't get their teams to a bowl game (Saban is already on the right track for that to happen).

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I am neither a Saban nor a Petrino fan. But they left under completely different circumstances.Saban outright lied to the public about staying with the Dolphins before bolting for Alabama. Petrino was completely blind-sided by the whole VIck thing. Honestly, I think he just left for a better job. That's why they put buyouts in their contracts. Plus Petrino gives the Falcons time to find a coach who will actually have some time to plan for the NFL Draft. Why would he want to stick around "a sinking ship" when he was offered a job with more to offer. Saban on the other hand had a big part in creating the Dolphins current mess.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: