Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

COACH'S BREAKFAST and team send off

COACH'S BREAKFAST and team send off

Got this from athletics…

The official scouting report Coach’s Breakfast for the New Orleans Bowl will be held Monday, December 17 at 8:00 a.m. in the Founders’ Room in the Tom Oxley Athletic Center. Following breakfast there will be a send off rally for the football team as they depart the Oxley Center for the airport at 9:15 a.m.  Members of the Dance Team and Cheerleading Squad will also be present. The New Orleans Bowl Breakfast featuring Coach Schnellenberger, the coaching staff, and football players is presented by Dunkin' Donuts and will included a complimentary continual breakfast for Owls fans.

At the event, Owls fans will have the opportunity to purchase New Orleans Bowl tickets and commemorative footballs signed by the football team and coaching staff. Following a $100 Owl Club donation at the breakfast fans may receive the autograph ball. This donation will also allow fans to receive all Owl Club membership benefits at the $100 level through June 30, 2008. Current Owl Club members will receive double priority points for priority seating in the new stadium for their additional donation.

If you are unable to attend the bowl game, please consider purchasing and donating tickets at a reduced rate of just $30 for groups of 15 or more. These tickets will be distributed to underprivileged groups and the NCAA Football youth program in the New Orleans area. All tickets sent to charitable organizations will be given on behalf of that business. In addition to tickets to the game, participants in the “Send a Kid to the Bowl” program will receive a 2007 R + L Carriers New Orleans Bowl t-shirt and a football autographed by FAU Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger. Tickets for the “Send a Kid to the Bowl” program can be purchased now by calling the FAU ticket office at 1-866-FAU-OWLS.

The New Orleans Bowl will be on Friday, December 21 in the Louisiana Superdome and will feature the FAU Owls against the Memphis Tigers. Kick-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. Eastern time and will air on ESPN 2.

Watch parties are also forming. The Official Watch Party will take place at Duffy's Sports Grill on St. Andrews Blvd. in Boca Raton. In addition, the FAU MacArthur Campus will host a watch party at JJ Mugs Stadium Grille in Abacoa.

For more information about bowl travel packages, tickets, and the latest FAU Athletics news, log on to www.fausports.com or call us at 1-866-FAU-OWLS.

Athletics Upcoming Events:

Monday, Dec. 17– Football Coach's Breakfast featuring Coach Howard Schnellenberger presented by Dunkin’ Donuts

Send Off for the football team following the scouting report breakfast

8 AM in the Oxley Center, Founder’s Room

Tuesday, Dec. 18 – The Owls Nest sponsored by Moe’s Southwest Grill

FAU Basketball vs. North Florida

Owl Club members who qualify are welcome to join us in the Owls Nest hospitality room from 6 pm until halftime of the basketball game.

Friday, Dec. 21 – New Orleans Bowl – FAU vs. Memphis

For fans who aren’t making the trip, the OFFICIAL WATCH PARTY

will be held at Duffy’s Sports Grill on St. Andrews Blvd., in Boca Raton

Kick-off is at 8 p.m. Eastern time

FAU Mac Arthur campus will host a Watch Party at JJ Mugs Stadium Grill in Abacoa

Fans are encouraged to arrive early at all watch parties to ensure seating and to take advantage of food and drink specials!!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: COACH'S BREAKFAST and team send off

what is a continual breakfast?

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Good question. It was probably meant to be continental breakfast.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

That was Awesome…..

Peyton
Back to the top

Give us some details..
Back to the top

Peyton77 said

That was Awesome…..

my damn alarm clock never went off… i am quite mad

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

The breakfasts are usually pretty cool. It's a bunch of coach speak and a lot of enthusiasm and fans going crazy for the Owls!

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Give us some details..

sorry i cant tell, coach said what was said couldnt leave the room… however they have some stuff cooked up for memphis, u will have to wait and see friday night…

Peyton
Back to the top

Peyton77 said

fauowls44 said

Give us some details..

sorry i cant tell, coach said what was said couldnt leave the room… however they have some stuff cooked up for memphis, u will have to wait and see friday night…

I hope so. I know they had one player practicing a trick play for two weeks before the UF game and then didn't use it.
Back to the top
Control functions: