Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Joe Dawson

Is this giant on the team now or coming next semester? I thought he signed in 06' out of a JC but he could totally step in play next year, 6'5" 320 pounds, that would be great to have against Texas.
Back to the top

Re: Joe Dawson

It is confirmed by scouting services that he has strong interest in FAU, and that the interest is mutual...however, as we know, Howard doesnt speak to this, electing to wait until April...we will know a short while before the day the pens move when he release his "expected" signings...aka "strong verbal committments" to the rest of the football world that talks about it all season long...lol
Back to the top

on espn insider it said he signed as part of our 2006 class.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

on espn insider it said he signed as part of our 2006 class.

correct, but did not qualify, and attended JC:

Joseph Dawson - Yahoo! Sports

will return to D1 next season

dont pay any attention to the stars…this guy is much better than "two stars"…
Back to the top

ah. I see.
Back to the top

This guy was a great recruit. I've been trying to research him for a while but its hard when you don't have a subscription to rivals or scout where it seems most of the information about him is. He didn't qualify academically at FAU.

He ended up at Dean College in Massachusetts, a junior college. I thought he would end up back here for the 2007 season. He was in the same recruiting class as Avery Holley and Willie Floyd. I hope he does make it to FAU. As long as he can prove he can make it academically, I think Howard will give him a chance.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

This guy was a great recruit.

Joe Dawson is an NFL-ready name.

Does the "Class: 2008 (Junior College)" mean anything substantial or is it just saying when he'll be available to transfer, whether to FAU or somewhere else?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

illinoisowl said

This guy was a great recruit.

Joe Dawson is an NFL-ready name.

Does the "Class: 2008 (Junior College)" mean anything substantial or is it just saying when he'll be available to transfer, whether to FAU or somewhere else?

dunno, but his desire is to play for FAU currently…
Back to the top

Joe Dawson

illinoisowl said

This guy was a great recruit. I've been trying to research him for a while but its hard when you don't have a subscription to rivals or scout where it seems most of the information about him is. He didn't qualify academically at FAU.

He ended up at Dean College in Massachusetts, a junior college. I thought he would end up back here for the 2007 season. He was in the same recruiting class as Avery Holley and Willie Floyd. I hope he does make it to FAU. As long as he can prove he can make it academically, I think Howard will give him a chance.

Wow, Avery Holley…is he still alive?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

illinoisowl said

Wow, Avery Holley…is he still alive?

HAHAH I think he got hurt during the MTSU game or maybe the 2nd game of the season, can't remember. He's small for a WR but he's quick should be an interesting season next year between Gent, Harmon, Holley and Jean… Watch out Patriots here we come! lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: