Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Watch Party?

For those of us who are not fortunate to make to New Orleans (sooo jealous of all you able to go!) is there going to be watch parties around? I am up in NYC...i heard there is an alumni group up here.....so is there a watch party up here for the game?

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

Re: Watch Party?

Wow, i am shocked, we have a lot of buzz going on in Broward and Palm Beach Counties, but NY, Sweet…. I hope you get a lot of people togeather for it 8pm ESPN2..

Ill be up in NYC for NYE, never been before, heard its sick, most likely not going anywhere near times square. I am going to freeze…

Peyton
Back to the top

jvowl said

For those of us who are not fortunate to make to New Orleans (sooo jealous of all you able to go!) is there going to be watch parties around? I am up in NYC…i heard there is an alumni group up here…..so is there a watch party up here for the game?

I would call the alumni association.  I'm sure they can send out an e-mail to all the alumni in your area and find a bar to gather at to watch the game. 
Back to the top

Peyton77 said

Wow, i am shocked, we have a lot of buzz going on in Broward and Palm Beach Counties, but NY, Sweet…. I hope you get a lot of people togeather for it 8pm ESPN2..

Ill be up in NYC for NYE, never been before, heard its sick, most likely not going anywhere near times square. I am going to freeze…

Peyton,

Get there EARLY, and dress warm, then add two more layers.  You have to "experience" the subway, at least once.  Also, if your up there in the crowd, I always used to keep my wallet in my front pocket, just incase.  Maybe I'm just paranoid about big crowds, but I would rather keep my money.  Most of all Have fun, there is lots to see up there during the holidays.

I forgot the whole point of this post, I am watching in Kissimmee/St. Could.  Not sure if it will be in a bar or someone's house, but anyone else in the area?

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Watch Party?

Is Duffy's going to be the spot again for us locals here who couldnt get up to the game?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Is Duffy's going to be the spot again for us locals here who couldnt get up to the game?

WATCH PARTIES

The official FAU Watch Party will take place at Duffy's Sports Grill on St. Andrews Boulevard in Boca Raton. Join fellow FAU Owl fans as they cheer on the team while enjoying free appetizers and drink specials during game time.  The FAU MacArthur Campus also will host a watch-party at JJ Mugs Stadium Grille in Abacoa.

GAME BROADCAST

The R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl is Friday in the Louisiana Superdome where the Florida Atlantic University Owls (7-5) will play the University of Memphis Tigers (7-5). Kick-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. EST, 7 p.m. CST.  The game will be televised on ESPN 2, and XM Satellite Radio also will air a live broadcast of the game on XM Channel 140.

TICKET DONATIONS

If you are unable to attend the bowl game, please consider purchasing and donating tickets for the game at a reduced rate of $30 for groups of 15 or more. These tickets will be distributed to underprivileged groups and the NCAA Football Youth Program in the New Orleans area. All tickets sent to charitable organizations will be given on behalf of the individual donor or business.  Participants that purchase a ticket for the “Send a Kid to the Bowl” program also will receive a 2007 R + L Carriers New Orleans Bowl T-shirt and a football autographed by FAU Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger. To purchase tickets for the youth program, contact the FAU ticket office at 1-866-FAU-OWLS.

For more information about bowl travel packages, tickets, and the latest FAU Athletics news, visit to www.fausports.com or call 1-866-FAU-OWLS.

Peyton
Back to the top

Thanks Peyton!

Im taking off work early so that I can get a spot and sit.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I Wish I could've gone Bowling but, work was a prob.  My bro and friends though are making a trip and will be making me proud.  I will definitly go to Duffy's with about 10 people.  We need to get all Owl Country together and cheer the OWLS to Victory.  We need to show support wherever we are, wear blue and red on that day. Go OWLS !!
Back to the top

ALL:
Call the alumni office at FAU to see if other people have called from your area regarding a watch party. If not, go to the bar - it's the ONLY game on and turn those fans at the bar into OWL FANS.

Alumni's number is 1-888-FAU-ALUM
ask for Vanessa Diaz or Lee Collier. They are helping with planning the trip. They are good at calling people back, but if they don't' get back to you, it's because they are planning for 'Nawlins.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Duffy's the offical watch party…they last few games have been nutz there….tons of fans….but with this one on ESPN2 i have a feeling there will be a lot of watch parties at peoples houses (I know of two already)…
Back to the top
Control functions: