Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Corso says FAU Memphis most exciting Non-BCS

Not sure if anyone caught SportsCenter last night or this morning but Corso and Herbstreit were picking the most exciting Non-BCS games. Corso said his pick is FAU, Howard Schnellenbeger is doing it again, he is 72 years old and after resurrecting programs at Miami and Louisville he's doing it again with this Florida Atlantic team which he started from scratch with nothing more then a pencil.

I'm sure it will be on SportsCcenter again, especially since they re air it 85x throughout the day

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Corso says FAU Memphis most exciting Non-BCS

I missed it.  It's nice to see that FAU is getting mentioned on ESPN, especially by Corso.  But Corso could be weird sometimes.  Any exposure will only help though.
Back to the top

Alum05 said

I missed it.  It's nice to see that FAU is getting mentioned on ESPN, especially by Corso.  But Corso could be weird sometimes.  Any exposure will only help though.

Corso is very strange but I'm looking forward to the day when he comes to campus with college game day and puts on the Owl head and says Florida Atlantic wins! It will happen eventually maybe sooner rather then later the way the program is going

Back to the top

Peyton
Back to the top

Peyton77 said

Awesome! Thanks Peyton

Back to the top

Peyton77 said

It's about time we get some much deserved LOVE!  Thanks for the link Peyton!  See Ya in New Orleans!

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

Corso says FAU Memphis most exciting Non-BCS

When he comes to campus i will be there with one of those signs on a piece of PVC that says somethign stupid like all the other campuses do.  While he is strange the man knows football!
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

When he comes to campus i will be there with one of those signs on a piece of PVC that says somethign stupid like all the other campuses do.  While he is strange the man knows football!

Can you imagine if we got a College Game Day, One day, it will happen, "'To Believe Is To Be Strong" to Quote Howard…

Here is the king of all signs, I actually like Corso, but I think this guy got way more attention then he wanted… Look to the right behind Corso..

Peyton
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Alum05 said

I missed it.

Corso is very strange but I'm looking forward to the day when he comes to campus with college game day and puts on the Owl head and says Florida Atlantic wins! It will happen eventually maybe sooner rather then later the way the program is going

that already happened. Corso came to campus last year to speak at the Owl Club Auction. I got up and asked him this question…
"Coach - my future donations to the program rests on the answer to this question. On Nov. 17, when the Owls travel to Gainseville, Who are you picking? (picture #15)
Corso's response: he put on the Owl head and said Go Owls! (picture #16)
Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site - Athletics News
Then go to Owl Club Auction on 3/14/2007 and then its in that picture gallery. PRICELESS picture.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Jab979 said

Alum05 said

I missed it.

that already happened. Corso came to campus last year to speak at the Owl Club Auction. I got up and asked him this question…
"Coach - my future donations to the program rests on the answer to this question. On Nov. 17, when the Owls travel to Gainseville, Who are you picking? (picture #15)
Corso's response: he put on the Owl head and said Go Owls! (picture #16)
Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site - Athletics News
Then go to Owl Club Auction on 3/14/2007 and then its in that picture gallery. PRICELESS picture.

Lookin spiffy Smitty haha. That's pretty cool pic of Corso I'm looking forward to seeing the whole crew here though for a game and have put the Owls head on there

Back to the top
Control functions: