Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

For all of you going to New Orleans...

Just in case non of you thought of this… Don't forget to have someone that is still in town, get you either the Sun-Sentinel or Palm Beach Post. I am sure each and everyone of us, will probably want to save the front page of the sports section when FAU wins the bowl. It will make a nice addition to the collection.
Back to the top

Re: For all of you going to New Orleans...

Also everyone travel safe, and have fun!

i know a lot of people are going to start leaving soon, so have fun, get drunk, and go owls!
Back to the top

Everyone watch your pockets in New Orleans.  We have all ready had 3 people get hit by a pick pocket.  Hit one staff member to the tune of $300.

Be safe!
Back to the top

Yikes.  I wouldn't carry around $300 in my pocket in Boca!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

For all of you going to New Orleans...

Its all part of the experience.  Look at it this way, at least your not getting shot at the Detroit Motor City Bowl.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I don't think the Rose Bowl is in a good location either.  I know the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas you can throw a rock into Mexico!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Its all part of the experience.  Look at it this way, at least your not getting shot at the Detroit Motor City Bowl.

Funny you should mention that. In the same Sun-Sentinel with the spread about FAU winning the Troy game was an article that said New Orleans is now the #1 murder capital in the nation. I think it was directly under the Bowlin' article too.

Maybe that's why we've only sold 700 tickets…?  ::)
Back to the top

owlcountry said

walty12 said

Funny you should mention that. In the same Sun-Sentinel with the spread about FAU winning the Troy game was an article that said New Orleans is now the #1 murder capital in the nation. I think it was directly under the Bowlin' article too.

I was told that there is a serious gang turf war going on and certian parts of the city the cops do not even go into that area and no its not from wacthing "K Ville"

Peyton
Back to the top

Pardon my French (pun intended) but N.O. is a bit of a %$^& hole. One block it is beautiful and the next it is really scary. If you don't exactly know the path to take to get somewhere it is best to take a cab even if it is only a 5 to 10 block walk. Those 5 to 10 blocks could be pretty bad even if your point of departure and your destination are in really nice areas. I hope everyone has a safe trip. See you all in New Orleans tomorrow!!

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlcountry said

walty12 said

We played FIU at the Orange Bowl last month and the Orange Bowl isnt in the greatest part of town either…
Back to the top
Control functions: