Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU students on the bus

I had the privilege to be one of the three advisors to take 108 students to NO.  WOW!!  Those kids have a special place in my heart.  They were awesome!!!!  Wed all became a huge family.  One girl that cam alone on the trip came to me at the end of the trip with another girl she met and said "This was such an awesome experience!  We both came alone on the trip rode on different buses and we are really good friends now, and all because of this football game."  It was such a great feeling hanging out with thew students and teaching them the fight song and seeing all of them partying up on Bourbon Street.  I can't wait till next year!

Jose
Back to the top

Re: FAU STUDENTS THAT RODE THE BUS

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Happy Festivus To One And All!

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Re: FAU students on the bus

FAU students on the bus

thanks for everything jose… it wouldnt have been as fun of with out you.  and thanks for the shirts!

Mike

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Jose I'm still sad I didn't get a shirt! LOL!!! It was great to see you!

AEA
Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

I had the privilege to be one of the three advisors to take 108 students to NO.  WOW!!  Those kids have a special place in my heart.  They were awesome!!!!  Wed all became a huge family.  One girl that cam alone on the trip came to me at the end of the trip with another girl she met and said "This was such an awesome experience!  We both came alone on the trip rode on different buses and we are really good friends now, and all because of this football game."  It was such a great feeling hanging out with thew students and teaching them the fight song and seeing all of them partying up on Bourbon Street.  I can't wait till next year!

Jose

These bus rides are so important. I hope next year's SGA understands that these buses are a vital service… not just to the students but to the credibility of our program and our school.

Also, we're probably going to need more buses next year…
Back to the top

I asked students about a trip to Texas.  About 60% of my bus said they would definitely go.  I will start talking to the VP of Student Affairs and Asst. Dean of Students to plan a budget for a plane trip to Texas, I believe if we work on it now we can make it affordable to students, also we should develop a plan for another bowl trip, that way we can have more students attend the game.  What I ask from this board is that if you are an alumn, trustee, donor, to please keep these students in mind when talking to athletics and the administration.  Our students are well behaved, appreciative, young adults, that I would take anywhere with me.  Please make athletics that they needs to focus on student participation and make sure that students are the first to receive priority to games, because they are the ones that are going to pass the tradition around.  I cannot wait until I see Lockkart next year, its going to be CRAZZZYYYYYYYYYYY with all the students there!!!

GO OWLS
JOSE

If anyone has any ideas on how we can help student get more involved in athletics or you would like to help me develop a fan guide that we can present to the athletic department, please let me know.

Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

I asked students about a trip to Texas.  About 60% of my bus said they would definitely go.  I will start talking to the VP of Student Affairs and Asst. Dean of Students to plan a budget for a plane trip to Texas, I believe if we work on it now we can make it affordable to students, also we should develop a plan for another bowl trip, that way we can have more students attend the game.  What I ask from this board is that if you are an alumn, trustee, donor, to please keep these students in mind when talking to athletics and the administration.  Our students are well behaved, appreciative, young adults, that I would take anywhere with me.  Please make athletics that they needs to focus on student participation and make sure that students are the first to receive priority to games, because they are the ones that are going to pass the tradition around.  I cannot wait until I see Lockkart next year, its going to be CRAZZZYYYYYYYYYYY with all the students there!!!

GO OWLS
JOSE

If anyone has any ideas on how we can help student get more involved in athletics or you would like to help me develop a fan guide that we can present to the athletic department, please let me know.

It is very important for the students to be there but I think we need to come up with some cheap options for the Alumni as well. As alumni we are the ones who have good jobs and can donate the money. I know from a personal stand point if they had a similar deal for $96 for the alumni or Owl Club members that the students had I know at least 10 more people that would have gone and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'd love to meet up with anyone and come up with some ideas and help out anyway I can. Tell me when & where or PM me and I'll be there

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

OWLUMNI said

I asked students about a trip to Texas.  About 60% of my bus said they would definitely go.   I will start talking to the VP of Student Affairs and Asst. Dean of Students to plan a budget for a plane trip to Texas, I believe if we work on it now we can make it affordable to students, also we should develop a plan for another bowl trip, that way we can have more students attend the game.  What I ask from this board is that if you are an alumn, trustee, donor, to please keep these students in mind when talking to athletics and the administration.  Our students are well behaved, appreciative, young adults, that I would take anywhere with me.  Please make athletics that they needs to focus on student participation and make sure that students are the first to receive priority to games, because they are the ones that are going to pass the tradition around.  I cannot wait until I see Lockkart next year, its going to be CRAZZZYYYYYYYYYYY with all the students there!!!

GO OWLS
JOSE

It is very important for the students to be there but I think we need to come up with some cheap options for the Alumni as well. As alumni we are the ones who have good jobs and can donate the money. I know from a personal stand point if they had a similar deal for $96 for the alumni or Owl Club members that the students had I know at least 10 more people that would have gone and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I think an alumni bus would be great as well for alumni in the area that can meet up on-campus. However, the money to pay for it would have to come from somewhere else other than A&S fees…. I imagine the alumni office would have to work out something with alumni to come up with a price.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

OWLUMNI said

GO OWLS
JOSE

I think an alumni bus would be great as well for alumni in the area that can meet up on-campus. However, the money to pay for it would have to come from somewhere else other than A&S fees…. I imagine the alumni office would have to work out something with alumni to come up with a price.

Of course I don't expect current students to pay for an alumni bus with their fees but even if it wasn't $96, even if it was $200 a person including tickets, 2 night hotel stay and a ride both ways I bet A LOT of alumni would be all over that. Having alumni mix with the current students would be great. Not to sound like our parents lol but you can fill them in on the "I remember when…."  and help them realize how important they are to this program's progress. Somehow I don't think telling them that when you were in school at FAU you had to walk 3 miles in the snow will be believable lol but I think you get my point lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Of course I don't expect current students to pay for an alumni bus with their fees but even if it wasn't $96, even if it was $200 a person including tickets, 2 night hotel stay and a ride both ways I bet A LOT of alumni would be all over that. Having alumni mix with the current students would be great.

I absolutely agree with you.
Back to the top
Control functions: