Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

temp on campus stadium

Add topic

temp on campus stadium

how realistic is it?  where would it go? near the track?  what would be needed and how much would it cost?  temporary bleacher?  could we purchase things that could be reused in the real stadium?  (goal posts ect?)

i think it would be a great idea and the on campus students could ALL get to the game no problem.

is it a serious option?

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Re: temp on campus stadium

I said

how realistic is it?  where would it go? near the track?  what would be needed and how much would it cost?  temporary bleacher?   could we purchase things that could be reused in the real stadium?  (goal posts ect?)

i think it would be a great idea and the on campus students could ALL get to the game no problem.

is it a serious option?

Feasible, kinda. Expensive, definitely.

They explored throwing up bleachers/press boxes/etc around the new track+field but it was too costly… something like $200k/game (in comparison, it costs them about $30k/game to play in Lockhart)

Now, it doesn't make sense to put up a temporary stadium for 2008 if we're building an actual stadium to put up in 2009. So the next three months should dictate whether we go forward with a temporary stadium. I don't think it will happen because I'm thinking Lockhart in '08 and OCS in '09.

I don't want to jinx it but I'm very hopeful.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

I said

how realistic is it?  where would it go? near the track?  what would be needed and how much would it cost?  temporary bleacher?   could we purchase things that could be reused in the real stadium?  (goal posts ect?)

is it a serious option?

Feasible, kinda. Expensive, definitely.

They explored throwing up bleachers/press boxes/etc around the new track+field but it was too costly… something like $200k/game (in comparison, it costs them about $30k/game to play in Lockhart)

Now, it doesn't make sense to put up a temporary stadium for 2008 if we're building an actual stadium to put up in 2009. So the next three months should dictate whether we go forward with a temporary stadium. I don't think it will happen because I'm thinking Lockhart in '08 and OCS in '09.

I don't want to jinx it but I'm very hopeful.

2009 for the OCS facility would be great & 1 full year ahead of schedule. I truly hope that can happen, because it would be Rusty & Willie's senior season & if they continue to improve, as well as the entire team, then there's gonna be alot to be excited about.
Back to the top

Is the Soccer field next to the Ox an option. It just seems it would be more feasible to erect additional seating and add to what exists currently. Just a thought
Back to the top

Talon said

Is the Soccer field next to the Ox an option. It just seems it would be more feasible to erect additional seating and add to what exists currently. Just a thought

In my opinion it wouldn't be feasible because the existing bleachers are only on one side. The other side is all woods. FAU would have to pay a lot of money to clear that area out and then erect bleachers.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Talon said

In my opinion it wouldn't be feasible because the existing bleachers are only on one side. The other side is all woods. FAU would have to pay a lot of money to clear that area out and then erect bleachers.

completely agreed.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Talon said

i got a few chain saws,  wanna meet me over there one day smitty? 

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

That could be fun.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I said

smittysahoot said

Talon said

i got a few chain saws,  wanna meet me over there one day smitty?

i'm in….

talk about a real GRASSROOTS campaign for something

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Talon said

soccer fields are laid with a pitch…they don't suffice for football…
Back to the top
Control functions: