Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Hypothetical question...

I know this is looooooooooong shot, but what would happen if we actually went 12 - 0 in the next season and got invited to a BCS Bowl game. How does that work as far as playing in your conference championship bowl as opposed to a bcs bowl. And if we skipped our conference bowl, would the 2nd place team then play for the N.O. Bowl?
Back to the top

Re: Hypathetical question...

according to TH's blog, if the SBC winner is offered a better bowl bid, they are allowed to accept. Logically, the runner-up would get the NO Bowl bid. Either way, our goal needs to be winning the Belt and getting back to the Superdome. But it is pretty cool that we can even have this conversation.  ;D
Back to the top

We just need to continue to take steps forward...nothing can go backward, especially before that stadium is built.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

I know this is looooooooooong shot, but what would happen if we actually went 12 - 0 in the next season and got invited to a BCS Bowl game. How does that work as far as playing in your conference championship bowl as opposed to a bcs bowl. And if we skipped our conference bowl, would the 2nd place team then play for the N.O. Bowl?

Another goal for 2008: beat both Louisianas.
Back to the top

I am praying for us to beat Texas…I know it is a steep order, but I believe it can be done. If UCF almost beat them (and we are better then UCF), it can definitely happen.

p.s. On another note… I also had a conversation with a buddy of mine that is a FSU fanatic. Although he has always liked FAU,  he never really gave us any respect. Well, I am glad to say, the even he is now a believer in FAU. He said, he would be really surprised is FAU does not crack the Top 25 next season. Needless to say… as soon as I heard that I had chills go up my spine. The only problem now, is that I have to wait 8 months till we claim Texas as our next victim…
Back to the top

faudiehard said

I am praying for us to beat Texas…I know it is a steep order, but I believe it can be done. If UCF almost beat them (and we are better then UCF), it can definitely happen.

p.s. On another note… I also had a conversation with a buddy of mine that is a FSU fanatic. Although he has always liked FAU,  he never really gave us any respect. Well, I am glad to say, the even he is now a believer in FAU. He said, he would be really surprised is FAU does not crack the Top 25 next season. Needless to say… as soon as I heard that I had chills go up my spine. The only problem now, is that I have to wait 8 months till we claim Texas as our next victim…

or just a couple of months until our basketball boys are playing in the NCAA tournament as Sun Belt Tournament Champions on CBS!  :P

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Hypothetical question...

I don't believe that we are eligible for a BCS bowl game, I think only the 6 major conferences are eligible.
Back to the top

Re: Hypothetical question...

alum79 said

I don't believe that we are eligible for a BCS bowl game, I think only the 6 major conferences are eligible.

The SBC is one of 11 BCS conferences. We are certainly eligible (see Boise St. and Hawaii).
Back to the top

Lm77 said

alum79 said

The SBC is one of 11 BCS conferences. We are certainly eligible (see Boise St. and Hawaii).

Lm77 said

alum79 said

the 5 "non-BCS conferences" (C-USA, Sun Belt, WAC, MAC, MWC) are eligible for a BCS Bowl bid (BCS Title, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta, Rose) IF, AND ONLY IF, the team finishes the regular season in the Top 12 of the BCS standings AND all the eligible teams from the "BCS conferences" have already been placed in a BCS bowl

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

Lm77 said

alum79 said

Lm77 said

alum79 said

the 5 "non-BCS conferences" (C-USA, Sun Belt, WAC, MAC, MWC) are eligible for a BCS Bowl bid (BCS Title, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta, Rose) IF, AND ONLY IF, the team finishes the regular season in the Top 12 of the BCS standings AND all the eligible teams from the "BCS conferences" have already been placed in a BCS bowl

Didn't they change the rule to the Top 18?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: