Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Greetings from TAMPA (USF)

So I left the miserable cold of Chicago to spend the wk in FL…starting with Tampa….well i went to campus to see it since my gf is USF alumni…and what do i find at the Ath. building….non other then an FAU mini helmet that was pretty beat up…looked like it was thrown around a bit….i would say they realize we are on their tail and to look out in the near future…  I would love for an FAU/USF rivalry to develop one day bc both teams im sure can muster up enough hatred for one another and make things fun and competative.. anyone else agree??…ok im done blabbering…Happy Holidays/ and New Year to all!
Back to the top

Re: Greetings from TAMPA (USF)

A mini helmet is about the only thing of FAU that they can toss around…because they sure didn't do it on the field.  ;D
Back to the top

I wished we could have sealed the deal on them and won the game.....i would love to had seen Jim Leavitt eat his words that we are not a contenter in Florida...

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

jvowl said

I wished we could have sealed the deal on them and won the game…..i would love to had seen Jim Leavitt eat his words that we are not a contenter in Florida…

Actually, I believe his phrase was…."UF, FSU, UM & USF…where the only teams in the room" The only thing he did not count on was FAU kicking the door to that room wide open.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

jvowl said

I wished we could have sealed the deal on them and won the game…..i would love to had seen Jim Leavitt eat his words that we are not a contenter in Florida…

Actually, I believe his phrase was…."UF, FSU, UM & USF…where the only teams in the room" The only thing he did not count on was FAU kicking the door to that room wide open.

and then retracted his words after he barely left our pathetic stadium and said "this is a GOOD team… plain and simple"

what an absolute dick that guy is…. bytor/lm77 go ahead and edit this post and censor it, i don't care… ONE guy i will describe as a flat-out DICK is jim leavitt… he's a pompous, arrogant, babbling jerk… plain and simple

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

what an absolute dick that guy is…. bytor/lm77 go ahead and edit this post and censor it, i don't care… ONE guy i will describe as a flat-out DICK is jim leavitt… he's a pompous, arrogant, babbling jerk… plain and simple

i am a little confused as to how you feel 09?  can you please explain?

;D
Back to the top

Greetings from TAMPA (USF)

i was in town for the holidays and i was wearing around my FAU stuff with pride.  My mother and father are both usf alum (and came to the game down here).  they are going to the Sun bowl for the game and decided that they wanted a new shirt for the trip.  Long story short; i went to a usf store on fowler and the whole staff harassed me for the 30 mins i was there with my parents……all i could do was laugh at them and say
"well doesn't it suck to be overrated"
"your lucky our kicker stunk that game or we would have won"
"What were u doing 7 years into your program"
"how about Rusty being rated over Grothe in the state?????"
and my fav.
"cant wait to beat you in 2013…..if not sooner…."
"We won our conference"

After being asked what an owl was by one of the smartest employees, my parents saw that this was going no where….they bought their gear and left…..

I have supported USF up and until now……they can burn in the darkest parts of H3LL for all i care…….Go OREGON!!!!  and more importantly

GO OWLS!!!!!
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

i was in town for the holidays and i was wearing around my FAU stuff with pride.  My mother and father are both usf alum (and came to the game down here).  they are going to the Sun bowl for the game and decided that they wanted a new shirt for the trip.  Long story short; i went to a usf store on fowler and the whole staff harassed me for the 30 mins i was there with my parents……all i could do was laugh at them and say
and my fav.
"We won our conference"

After being asked what an owl was by one of the smartest employees, my parents saw that this was going no where….they bought their gear and left…..

I have supported USF up and until now……they can burn in the darkest parts of H3LL for all i care…….Go OREGON!!!!  and more importantly

GO OWLS!!!!!

USF has a good team, but what have they won? 3rd/4th place on their conference? Overrated early in the season with their #2 ranking, and now at #24 or something. About right. They'll never see a National Championship, because the coach they have now isn't built for it.

I wish them nothing but failure, because of their fans.
Back to the top

cjdub21 said

Nunzio42 said

and my fav.
"We won our conference"

GO OWLS!!!!!

USF has a good team, but what have they won? 3rd/4th place on their conference? Overrated early in the season with their #2 ranking, and now at #24 or something. About right. They'll never see a National Championship, because the coach they have now isn't built for it.

I wish them nothing but failure, because of their fans.

We have some fans like them on our board too…  ::)  lol  Lighten up, it's only a game.  In time they will learn how it is, but until then we should try to take the high road. Harsh talk is tough to swallow when you have to eat your own words… Lets hope they have a humble feast very soon.
Back to the top

HOTEL said

We have some fans like them on our board too…  ::)  lol  Lighten up, it's only a game.  In time they will learn how it is, but until then we should try to take the high road. Harsh talk is tough to swallow when you have to eat your own words… Lets hope they have a humble feast very soon.

agree… and just to make sure MY statement is clear…

i don't "HATE" any USF fans… i think they are way too overconfident and pretty damn pompous… but i don't take any of their stuff too serious… they are idiots, for the most part

i have STRONG feelings against jim leavitt… he's an absolute smack-talking jerk who forgot all-of-a-sudden where his program started and where they've come from… he has officially burnt all his bridges going up and WHEN we are in his same conference, eating that humble pie is going to be very hard for him to swallow ;D

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: