Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Will the last FIU football player to leave please turn off the lights

Will the last FIU football player to leave please turn off the lights

I heard some news from a guy that knows someone who has a friend that car pools with a guy that used to share an apartment with a guy that had a date with a girl that goes to FIU. The word is several players aren't returning to school next semester and some will finish out the school year and not return.  I believe all are pre Cristobal recruits. Something is going on. I don't know what it is. Maybe Cristobal is making life tough on Strocks recuits and only wants his recruits. I have no idea.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: Will the last FIU football player to leave please turn off the lights

faualum said

I heard some news from a guy that knows someone who has a friend that car pools with a guy that used to share an apartment with a guy that had a date with a girl that goes to FIU. The word is several players aren't returning to school next semester and some will finish out the school year and not return.  I believe all are pre Cristobal recruits. Something is going on. I don't know what it is. Maybe Cristobal is making life tough on Strocks recuits and only wants his recruits. I have no idea.

Yeah, I heard he's cleaning house over there. We'll see if he can bring in some people that can turn that program around.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Yeah, I heard he's cleaning house over there. We'll see if he can bring in some people that can turn that program around.

Yeah, let's see what he does. He'll probably bring in Kirby Freeman :P…why not, looks like everything else they have is ex-UM.

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

faualum said

I heard some news from a guy that knows someone who has a friend that car pools with a guy that used to share an apartment with a guy that had a date with a girl that goes to FIU.
That is hilarious.  Oh, and so is FIU.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

doubt it…takes YEARS to build something…and he is setting himself, and the program, back even further if in fact he is doing this…should just "work through it" and not look for the often commonplace "instant fix"  of "run off the old coaches players, because it is all thier fault we are losing - does NOT exist when you are mario crystal-ball and coach FIU:

DUMB…….

see the Miami Dolphins and Cameron for illustration (and Cameron can actually coach).

he needs to watch the game tape when we played them…the one where he was COMPLETELY out coached, outplayed, and flat out waxed…

bringing in a bunch of true freshman, or even CC transfers will NOT help that immediately…

it will bring alot of peoples prediction that he won't last four years come to pass though…one down, two to go…

he'll be gone by 2010…….
Back to the top

I know Cristobal's job is to coach and win football games but FIU is a university. They bring in young people and educate them in the class and on the field. Some of those players probably couldn't go to college without some kind of assistance or scholarship. Why the new athletic administration chooses to disrupt the lives of these guys is beyond me. Most of those players never intended to make it in the pros and were there for an education. Now some are being pushed out and have to go through the process of applying to colleges all over again. I know this is a real hardship for some. Especially the ones whose families can't afford college and won't be able to pick up another scholarship.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I know Cristobal's job is to coach and win football games but FIU is a university. They bring in young people and educate them in the class and on the field. Some of those players probably couldn't go to college without some kind of assistance or scholarship. Why the new athletic administration chooses to disrupt the lives of these guys is beyond me. Most of those players never intended to make it in the pros and were there for an education. Now some are being pushed out and have to go through the process of applying to colleges all over again. I know this is a real hardship for some. Especially the ones whose families can't afford college and won't be able to pick up another scholarship.

This could very well be the case. However, I think we have to reserve judgement until we know the details of the situation.

Is he forcing kids out or is it simply that they don't like the tight ship that he is running?

My guess is that the lack of discipline that the team showed under Strock is endemic and Cristobol won't put up with it. The guys that are accustomed to doing things their own way don't necessarily fit in with Cristobol's plan and therefore feel like he is pushing them away. Just a hunch.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

A few kids actually decided to leave on there own. It is a strange situation but the I heard from a friend that all the kids from Niceville are gone, the FB from Blountstown (we were supposed to get his buddy the LB but grades I believe kept him out of FAU) and a couple others I can't remember who he said but I think it was about seven players.
Back to the top

on the "discipline" topic:

seperate the discipline portion, and i feel the team was better under Strock…he is a better coach…they caught some pretty bad breaks…no, im not defending them, but cmon…a bunch of games by a total of 3 or less points…thats tought for anyone to swallow…

depite our feelings and disdane towards FIU (being our rival), objectively they fielded a decent team Strocks last year…just had a terrible run of circumstances…

last year, they fielded bad team, and had a bad coach…and you have to point the blame where it is due…

discipline is a character trait…coaching is a skill…and with all due respect, IMO the guy cant coach, and the team will continue to be bad…regardless of who is on the field…
Back to the top

IMO, Strock was a joke and the cause for setting this program back several years.  Strock was a recognizable name and a great backup QB for the Dolphins, but he had no idea how to build a college football program and he showed that.
Back to the top
Control functions: