Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pinnick and Savidge

Savidge is a junior so I'm guessing he'll be back next year, what about Pinnick, is he applying for another year? We can use them next year.
Back to the top

Re: Pinnick and Savidge

Savidge = back

Pinnick = applying*

*Applying for a sixth year is a very tough thing to get approved…he was granted a RS already…im NOT BEING NEGATIVE here, but it really isnt very likely…but stanger things have happened!

Let's Hope he gets it…….
Back to the top

Is there a rule on how many games you can play and still be considered for a 6th year?  With four games played this year, you have to think he'd be a borderline case, at best.
Back to the top

The said

With four games played this year, you have to think he'd be a borderline case, at best.

exactly…

i believe it is actually percentage based…so there is a chance…BUT here's the "borderline" possibility:

we played 13 and IF the rule is up to 30% of the total games, we're in trouble…because 30% of 13 = .307…so it is a rounding thing, and they would deny…and yes, they are that "technical" - they have to be…

not certain on the percentage they could have played in, but for some reason that is strongly coming to mind…….

if it is greater he wins the extra year no problem…but +30% seems high…

last thought:

there may be an adjustment "allowance" for extra games - ie post season…or they may be strict and not include that…

either way it's a slim chance…
Back to the top

I believe Teddy over at the SS covered this already and mentioned that Pinnick COULD just fall under the minimum amount of games played this year to qualify for a sixth & I thought that Pinnick already decided that he would not come back, unless he has changed his mind.  IMHO, Pinnick could use the extra year if he wants to get to the next level.

Back to the top

Bytor said

I believe Teddy over at the SS covered this already and mentioned that Pinnick COULD just fall under the minimum amount of games played this year to qualify for a sixth & I thought that Pinnick already decided that he would not come back, unless he has changed his mind.  IMHO, Pinnick could use the extra year if he wants to get to the next level.

he is on record as "changed my mind"…he's applying for the sixth year…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Bytor said

he is on record as "changed my mind"…he's applying for the sixth year…

I would say the big finish this season got him pumped. I'm sure he wanted to be part of the win against Troy and the bowl victory. If he gets approved, he'll most likely get his wish next year and play in a bowl game.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

why wouldn't pinnick want to come back, unless he wants to sit behind a desk.

If he does get invited to a camp he'll be so rusty (not smith). He has a much better shot at getting drafted or a free agent if he plays next year on another bowl team, plus I'm sure we'll get some national tv games.
Back to the top

Pinnick and Savidge

jdirico said

why wouldn't pinnick want to come back, unless he wants to sit behind a desk.

If he does get invited to a camp he'll be so rusty (not smith). He has a much better shot at getting drafted or a free agent if he plays next year on another bowl team, plus I'm sure we'll get some national tv games.

Exactly. Since he wants some professional football work after FAU, it's in his best (career) interest to play another season and stay healthy while making big plays.
Back to the top

Pinnick would definetely benefit coming back one more year, IMO he will have to work very hard in the off season to get back to playing shape, he still whobbles when ever I see him walking.

He has proven to be a great leader even off the field this season.
Back to the top
Control functions: