Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty #11 QB in the NATION?!?

Granted, not the most reliable of sources, but Nationalchamps.net lists the top players by postion, and at QB as we can see, Rusty Smith is #11!

QUARTERBACK

1. Tim Tebow - Florida
2. Chase Daniel - Missouri
3. Pat White - West Virginia
4. Graham Harrell - Texas Tech
5. Sam Bradford - Oklahoma
6. Todd Reesing - Kansas
7. Cullen Harper - Clemson
8. Todd Boeckman - Ohio State
9. Dan LeFevour - Central Michigan
10. Max Hall - Brigham Young
11. Rusty Smith - Florida Atlantic
12. Juice Williams - Illinois
13. Colt McCoy - Texas
14. Rudy Carpenter - Arizona State
15. Nate Davis - Ball State

GO OWLS!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Rusty #11 QB in the NATION?!?

id even bump him higher…at least two spots…ahead of CMU and Clemson for starters…

and next year it should only get better!
Back to the top

Correction, this is the projection for 2008, so it is for next season.

Nonetheless….11th….NOT BAD.

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

wow, really? hmmm…….

sorry to the "composer" of this "projection" but the guy at CMU is not in the same class as Rusty…

amnd the Clemson QB is no where near the pure passer he is either…
Back to the top

Rusty #11 QB in the NATION?!?

Florida_Owl said

id even bump him higher…at least two spots…ahead of CMU and Clemson for starters…

and next year it should only get better!

we've been on this board for a while and you know i respect you and your thoughts VERY much… but i have to take exception to that… REALLY take exception to that, lol

A) Dan LeFevour - Central Michigan: a flat-out BEAST… did anyone see him in the bowl against purdue? i know USF fans run their mouths how "matt grothe is a poor man's tim tebow" but LEFEVOUR is truly the "poor man's tim tebow"… he was ONE rushing touchdown shy of being the second-ever QB to pass AND throw for 20 touchdowns each (of course, the one who did was tebow this year)… lefevour IS tim tebow of the MAC… he has an unbelievable arm and great field vision

B) Cullen Harper - Clemson: some "experts" have this guy as an early-season heisman hopeful next year… great arm… beats Florida State (which is a HUGE standard for a QB of tommy bowden)… pro-style system… he is an extremely talented QB in a BCS conference

come on, man… i love rusty smith as much as ANY FAU fan does… but he is not higher than lefevour or harper… i honestly like that ranking… him at 11 is about right, in my realistic opinion… i think boeckman of ohio state is UNBELIEVABLY overrated, but still on top of Smith

we have a guy in Rusty who will rewrite EVERY SINGLE record in our book… set PLENTY of firsts for us… but 11th NATIONALLY is about right, in my opinion

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

The thing that I notice is that he is above the Texas QB…this means that Rusty will be better than every QB we face next year.

Spread the word, recruits get over here we need hands to catch all these beautiful passes in paradise.

Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

The thing that I notice is that he is above the Texas QB…this means that Rusty will be better than every QB we face next year.

Spread the word, recruits get over here we need hands to catch all these beautiful passes in paradise.

Colt McCoy is awful… ask any texas fan and they will tell you he has been an awful disappointment

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

We all complain about never getting respect.  Well that is some huge respect.  Rusty at #11 is incredible.  I happen to agree with it, but for anyone to come out at this point in our program's history and rank our QB that high is awesome respect. Finally. Whether he is at #7 or #27 in actuality, who cares…he is great and we are extremely fortunate to get a QB of that caliber at this juncture for our program.
Back to the top

Plus you may be able to bump Rusty up 2 spots if Chase Daniel and Pat White both declare for the draft.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

wow, really? hmmm…….

sorry to the "composer" of this "projection" but the guy at CMU is not in the same class as Rusty…

amnd the Clemson QB is no where near the pure passer he is either…

You are dead wrong about the QB for CMU. He passed for 3,000 and ran for 1,000 this year. The only other QB in NCAA history to do that….Vince Young.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: