Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sporting News article about FSU...

Sporting News article about FSU...

Sporting News - Real Insight. Real Fans. Real Conversations.

This is only relevant to the Owls because of this quote….

How far has Florida State fallen? I think it's only the third-best program in the state, behind Florida and South Florida. How long before Howard Schnellenberger has Florida Atlantic breathing down FSU's neck?

It's a brief mention, but still good to get the national attention!
Back to the top

Re: Sporting News article about FSU...

FSU is still much better than USF.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

For FSU to be missing so many players and still keep it close to a team like Kentucky was good.  I didn't expect them to keep it that close. It was tied at half time.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

As much as I wanted to see FSU get their sh_t handed to them, they did an amazing job. It just goes to show the depth of FSU as opposed to FAU.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

For FSU to be missing so many players and still keep it close to a team like Kentucky was good.  I didn't expect them to keep it that close. It was tied at half time.

I agree… Maybe they aren't as good without all those players but the kids that were in there playing were trying their best and they came withing 3 seconds of possibly tying the game. It's all up to Michigan now!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

now it is obvious what i have been saying since 2003… college football is clearly changing

is it fair to say WE are better than FSU right now? NO
is it fair to say WE are better than USF right now? YES

again… we are NOT UF or FSU, but we ARE better than UM, UCF and USF

i put us 3… honestly

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I think FSU is going to be just fine.  They're returning a lot of players next year, and contrary to popular opinion, the new offensive coaches are more competent than everybody thinks.  They'll be back on the national scene by 2009.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

As much as I wanted to see FSU get their sh_t handed to them, they did an amazing job. It just goes to show the depth of FSU as opposed to FAU.

Agreed. Coming within 1 TD after losing 36 people… that's still impressive. I wasn't impressed with the FSU QB though… intentional grounding? Ooft.

Kentucky's D was awesome. They smothered the Noles.
Back to the top

The Big Dog and owlcountry are right. FSU won't stay down for long. The Seminoles' showing against Kentucky was very impressive, considering the loss of all the cheaters (the Patriots' coach probably would feel right at home in Tallahassee if the offending class had been photography instead of music history). The depth of the true major league teams is stunning, and FSU proved it. I agree that the coaching staff is good. Find a great QB, and look out…
Back to the top
Control functions: