Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2007 Football & Future Schedules

Add topic

Re: 2007 Football & Future Schedules

dusky256fc said

Bytor said

@ Texas
Sep 13, at Michigan State
Sep 20, at Minnesota
vs UAB
@Louisiana-Monroe
vs Troy
@ Western Kentucky
Vs Louisiana-Lafeyette
@ Middle Tennessee
@ Arkansas State
vs North Texas
vs Florida International

How did we end up with only 5 home games?  I know we need to make money and lockfart is a ridiculous stadium but only 5 home games?  Do we have to play that silly FIU game at Joe Robbie again?

Until we can start playing more OC game at home, 5-home game will be a norm and yes, we will be playing FIU at Dolphin stadium 'till 12
Back to the top

Thanks Bytor

BOOOOOO  :(

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I know the 2008 opponents are set. Is anyone hearing anything about remaining slots on the 2009 schedule?
Back to the top

grayowl said

I know the 2008 opponents are set. Is anyone hearing anything about remaining slots on the 2009 schedule?

There was a question to Coach about it and he said that playing Big East opponents to establish that we'd be competitive as a BE team is "the right thinking but a bit premature." Mind you, this was before the Bowl win when he said we no longer have "advanced training" games and "can compete with anyone in America."

Curiously, he also said something to the effect that "all future games would be scheduled for the future."

So there you have it…? I know they're trying to get a 1-and-1 with UCF and a home game with FSU for 2010. Outside of that, I don't know. During Christmas, my mom's ex (who is from Pennsylvania) said the talk around Penn State is trying to schedule FAU for a game…

but this guy has… misinterpreted the truth… before regarding some non-football topics and maybe he was overhearing talk about FIU/Penn State that went on earlier this year. He does know the difference between FIU and FAU, though, having lived in south Florida for almost ten years now.

Back to the top

hey guys, im a new member at this site,. ive been a owls fan since last year and been following ever since. ive never had the pleasure to have gone to one of there games this year because i live out here in georgia but plan on going to multiple games next year! anyways was just curious if anybody is planning on going to one of the tough road games next year like texas or even michigan st. anyways here's too FAU and there promising future!

Back to the top

AFOwl said

hey guys, im a new member at this site,. ive been a owls fan since last year and been following ever since. ive never had the pleasure to have gone to one of there games this year because i live out here in georgia but plan on going to multiple games next year! anyways was just curious if anybody is planning on going to one of the tough road games next year like texas or even michigan st. anyways here's too FAU and there promising future!

Welcome AFOwl. I plan on going to the MSU game since I live about 5 hours from East Lancing. Where in GA do you live?  I lived in SE GA for 15 years before moving to Illinois.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

AFOwl said

Welcome AFOwl. I plan on going to the MSU game since I live about 5 hours from East Lancing. Where is GA do you live?  I lived in SE GA for 15 years before moving to Illinois.

I live in valdosta georgia,. im stationed here at moody afb, yeah i plan on going to the texas game which is like a 15 hour drive, might consider flying there though, but goin to the michigan st. game would be awesome though but i probably wont be able to afford going to both.ha
Back to the top

2007 Football & Future Schedules

AFOwl welcome. As of today, I too am planning on going to the Texas game. How did you become a fan of FAU?
Back to the top

faudiehard said

AFOwl welcome. As of today, I too am planning on going to the Texas game. How did you become a fan of FAU?
 Well im originally from the fort lauderdale area( coral springs to be exact) and grew up being a miami fan and still am but i started to become an owl fan like a year ago. I've heard of FAU hear and there in the local news, internet, etc. and kinda got fascinated of this little up and coming program doing big things so quick, so i started following them and before u know it i was following more than i would miami. Also when i think about it wouldnt be great to be one of the few inaugural fans and when i look back 20, 30 years from now and see how much this program has evolved, it would just be great to be part of something special in watching a program grow from almost nothing to hopefully being a national powerhouse in years to come!
Back to the top

AFOwl said

faudiehard said

Well im originally from the fort lauderdale area( coral springs to be exact) and grew up being a miami fan and still am but i started to become an owl fan like a year ago. I've heard of FAU hear and there in the local news, internet, etc. and kinda got fascinated of this little up and coming program doing big things so quick, so i started following them and before u know it i was following more than i would miami. Also when i think about it wouldnt be great to be one of the few inaugural fans and when i look back 20, 30 years from now and see how much this program has evolved, it would just be great to be part of something special in watching a program grow from almost nothing to hopefully being a national powerhouse in years to come!

Exactly! You can be there from almost the very beginning! At the rate at which FAU is racking up "fastest team in college football history to…" awards, the gratification may not be too far off at all.

Does anybody know the quickest a team has ever gone to a national championship game?
Back to the top
Control functions: