Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Does the Band take requests?

Add topic

Speaking of the band…

I was listening to John Williams today and I thought, is there any way the band could play something like this? Maybe at halftime?

I'd LOVE to hear it. Something big and dramatic.

Or some Alan Silvestri… Forrest Gump theme anybody? Din nuh nuh! DIN NUH NUH! To inspire the guys to run a TD?

(Forrest Gump was a star football player, so it makes sense to play some from that theme!)

on a side note: maybe the admins could also consider a "Spirit" section for the messageboard for all band/cheerleader/dance team/Rowdy Rex/prOWLer discussions…
Back to the top

Re: Does the Band take requests?

well our director is pretty open to ideas. we usually try to do things that the crowds will like alot. for instance, "jump on it"..i dont really like playing it, but the crowd eats it up. so thats why stuff like John Williams isn't played much, unless it was Star Wars stuff. I want to arrange "Mr. Roboto". I think that would make a killer show tune, with HEAVY percussion parts  ;D
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

well our director is pretty open to ideas. we usually try to do things that the crowds will like alot. for instance, "jump on it"..i dont really like playing it, but the crowd eats it up. so thats why stuff like John Williams isn't played much, unless it was Star Wars stuff. I want to arrange "Mr. Roboto". I think that would make a killer show tune, with HEAVY percussion parts  ;D

HAHA Mr. Roboto would be awesome. With a young crowd though I don't know if everyone would get it. I think it would be a lot of "I know this song, what is this" or "I've heard this song, what's it called" lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

FAUfasho said

HAHA Mr. Roboto would be awesome. With a young crowd though I don't know if everyone would get it. I think it would be a lot of "I know this song, what is this" or "I've heard this song, what's it called" lol

well, if i had my way, half the band would start doing the robot on the field and then everyone would get it. i think it'd be a crowd favorite. i'd like to play some more "ghetto" tunes too. i have so many ideas for songs to play, i just dont know how to arrange music so i cant do them.
Back to the top

Hey Fasho, what is that jiggy little tune they play where all the Flags and twirlers step down at the foot of the bleachers and do a little hop thing? Its mostly percussion. Owlsley usually joins in. Its quite catchy and fun to watch. Maybe you could cut back on the steps so the crowd can follow?

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

proudowl said

Hey Fasho, what is that jiggy little tune they play where all the Flags and twirlers step down at the foot of the bleachers and do a little hop thing? Its mostly percussion. Owlsley usually joins in. Its quite catchy and fun to watch. Maybe you could cut back on the steps so the crowd can follow?

It's called the "Soulja Boy"..its a rap. Basically, the lyrics of the song tell you how to do the dance, its a crap load of fun. I'm hoping that someone got us doing it at the Battle of the Bands because it was awesome
Back to the top

Soulja Boy Rocks!!!!

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Does the Band take requests?

the band actually had a couple more tunes in the books like "build me up" but we never got a chance to play it..maybe for basket ball season. one of our favs is Hey Baby so look for that
Back to the top

horned_owl said

the band actually had a couple more tunes in the books like "build me up" but we never got a chance to play it..maybe for basket ball season. one of our favs is Hey Baby so look for that

Hey Baby is my second favorite from the band…..

right behind Time Warp

i LOVE Time Warp

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

well know what our sets are going to be the first week of school when we meet..I like Time Warp too, except Murray never let us yell out stuff( like jump to the left) because he thought we wouldnt come back in to play..oh well
Back to the top
Control functions: