Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

For those who havent jumped off the "wagon"...

Add topic

We have a game tonight…and YES it is at Home :)

Now, not saying this will be pretty…not saying it will be ugly…BUT:

It will be a game either way…

So, we have two choices as i see it…show up and support, or show up and support…

Ill be there…will you?

Ok, enough of that…Back to the game itself…….

Not alot to offer on this one…we all know it will be a tough game, and of course we are big "dogs" in Vegas:

+9.5 (and that's at Home)

USA is holding its own so far this year…they are talented on offense…we on the other hand are still trying to find ourselves there…

Only two things to offer here:

They do have WKU up next, so they may not be as "focused" as they should be…and Hopefully will come out emotionally FLAT…

ALSO,  SG Paul Graham as fulfilled his 30 day requirement as of TODAY…so, there is Hope he will be on the court…

Besides, what better time for him to take out his frustration from missing the last 30 days and listening to the L's pile up by spanking the Jaguars for 15+, right??

See you at the Burrow - Hopefully for a "W"…

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Re: For those who havent jumped off the "wagon"...

I just cant get into basketball.  :P

Dont know why its never been a sport that holds my interest on any level from High School up to the Pros.

I hope FAU fins though.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

I just cant get into basketball.   :P

i couldnt either, until i got into it…lol

BUT, as the old addage says, "To each thier own"

Flegde:

Dont even think about it…already copywritten……. ;D
Back to the top

For those who havent jumped off the "wagon"...

I wish I could make it tonight.  I hope there is a good crowd.  It is not to late for this year. Hernandez and Owens are back playing and hopefully Graham will be back soon, if not tonight.  I'll be listening…Go Owls! 
Back to the top

owlfamily said

I just cant get into basketball.   :P

Dont know why its never been a sport that holds my interest on any level from High School up to the Pros.

I hope FAU fins though.

Much like FAU football, you can still go and appreciate it because of the crowd. The Rowdy Rex's do a great job in that respect. And since it's a closed-in area, as opposed to an open air stadium, the noise is even louder.

It's a great experience. I was actually into FAU basketball before I was into FAU football. I'm disappointed with how the team has been doing (I was hoping for the Sun Belt title in basketball too) but I'm going tonight anyway and I have great expectations for 2008.
Back to the top

I'm not much into basketball either, college or pro at least until March but I still show up to as many home games as I can. In fact Nunzio and I are going to debut our fan group at the next home game (Troy) to sit with the Rowdy Rex's. We will be known as the Sexy Rexy's  ;D

Not trying to push the Rex's away in fact we are just some alumni who thought of the idea and printed up some T-Shirts and we want to sit with the Rex's and be loud and obnoxious with them lol. If anyone wants a shirt send me a message or contact Nunzio42

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Flegde:

Dont even think about it…already copywritten……. ;D

LOL.  Sense of humor, now your'e cookin!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

I was never a big Basketball person either or a sport FANATIC for that matter until I caught "Owl Fever" that is - I love the atmosphere BBall game provide - it different for Football & baseball and as I am learning more about the game I find myself enjoying the college game.

Plus, we need to show support to all our athletics teams & student athletes.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Im still holding hope for this team.  Ill be there tonight
Back to the top

It would be nice even just 1x this season we can show up in a large # to support the team. I'm sure it gets depressing from a players point of view when they look into the stands and see 3-400 people sitting there. I say show up give these kids a chance. I wish the school would do something to try and get fans to the game it seems like if they are only concerned with football.

We need butts in the seats, let's get to the game even if they aren't playing that well right now it's still very early and they can still turn it around. We should be there, say for the Troy game on the 12th or the UNT game on the 19th. Let's throw some support behind these guys. Show up to a game and then if you don't like it at least you can say hey I tried.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: