Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lets Plan Now.

Our first 3 games are away next year. I know the alumni office will probably schedule a trip, but for those of us on a tight budget what would be the possibility of chartering a bus, or putting together a caravan for the Texas or Louisiana game? I have nothing better to do, so anyone interested can contact me at [email protected].

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Lets Plan Now.

I am hoping to make Michigan State. My dad, my sister, and my brother-in-law are all Michigan State grads. It should be fun.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Proud owl: I'll help with anything you need for the Texas trip. I suggest going to San Antonio for a day or two before getting to Austin. It's the tourism capital of Texas and there is a lot to do (especially for those with kids).

Fly into either San Antonio (hour away from Austin) or Austin. You'll probably find no direct flights from FT Laudy. Depending on airline, you'll need to connect in Dallas or Houston. American Airlines goes through Dallas. It's only a 45-minute flight from Dallas to Austin and 60-minute flight to San Antonio.

Alumni is probably going to be putting together a trip and it will probably be worth it.

Case and point was the New Orleans trip. It was only $100 more expensive to go with Alumni than it was if you planned the exact same trip by yourself and it included a t-shirt ($25) and a chartered plane of all FAU fans.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Alumni is probably going to be putting together a trip and it will probably be worth it.

Case and point was the New Orleans trip. It was only $100 more expensive to go with Alumni than it was if you planned the exact same trip by yourself and it included a t-shirt ($25) and a chartered plane of all FAU fans.

But will they be willing to do this for a NON Bowl game? I think that was a special case in point for a big event. Id hope they would, but I dont think theyll go the extra mile for a regular season game.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Sorry about my screw up- Michigan State, not Louisiana. My schedules are blurring together.  :P

Obviously the earlier we book the better the price. I know the alumni will put something together, but we have 3 big OC games to start the season. I do think many people would go if it were affordable.

Obviously the objective is to get as many of the Owl Faithful (students too) to travel to the games.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

I know myself and a few others like Nunzio are planning to go to Texas. If FAU comes out with a cheaper option I'd look into it but chances are they won't and I'm going to buy my plane ticket probably in beginning of May (usually you can't buy plane tickets more then 4 months in advance). With it not being close to Christmas and booking early we should be able to get a good deal on hotel and flight

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Are you working with them since you know the best air routes, tourism spots, etc? The package should have a suggested schedule (Coach Reception 4-5, Dinner 5-7 at a restaurant, 7-9 Riverwalk, etc) so people can make the most of the experience. That's something that encourages people to travel for the next away game. If I hadn't read what you suggested, I would have no idea what to do in Texas outside of the game…
Back to the top

if any plans for an alumni bus to texas are in place, i am down

i don't fly

:-\

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Lets Plan Now.

Do we have a bye week the first week and then Texas or texas week one
Back to the top

Texas has us as their first game of the season August 30

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: