Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NO Bowl 2008....

So,

Im Fairly confident that we will be back in the NO Bowl. So much in fact that I have started saving my pennies to GO to the trip this year. Now I just have to sell the wife on the idea. The REAL deal killer was the date so close to Xmas this year.

Does anyone know if they have set a date for 2008?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: NO Bowl 2008....

owlfamily said

So,

Im Fairly confident that we will be back in the NO Bowl. So much in fact that I have started saving my pennies to GO to the trip this year. Now I just have to sell the wife on the idea. The REAL deal killer was the date so close to Xmas this year.

Does anyone know if they have set a date for 2008?

Hopefully we do so well, we can go to another bowl. In either case pretty sure the N.O. Bowl will be around the same time as it was this year

"New Orleans Bowl Tickets — The Bayou's Bowl

One of the earliest scheduled bowl games, the New Orleans Bowl always kicks off college football's postseason in grand style. The 2008 edition will feature teams from Conference USA and the Sun Belt Conference going head-to-head at the Superdome in December."

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

It seems to be the last Friday before Christmas now (years past it looks like the game was played on a Tuesday night), so I'd guess December 19th.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

The seven New Orleans Bowls have been played on the 21st or 22nd of December for two years. The game ranged from Dec. 14 to 22.

There have been rumors that it could be switched to a day or two before New Year's - even on New Year's Eve, but those rumors also involve the potential influx of teams from other (SEC?) conferences and a possible take-over by the Sugar Bowl.

Don't be too sure of a repeat visit, or a bowl upgrade. The unfortunate way our conference is perceived and especially, promoted, an upgrade is unlikely due to primary and secondary bowl tie-ins (none of which the 'Belt has). Well, maybe if a team goes undefeated … I guess we got lucky in 2004 and 2006.

Some comments I read here sound eerily similar to what was said numerous times on GoTroyTrojans.com. I even fell into it, lulled by the certainty that even an 8-4 second place team would never be left home. But that is not how the inequitable NCAA / BCS operate.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

The seven New Orleans Bowls have been played on the 21st or 22nd of December for two years. The game ranged from Dec. 14 to 22.

There have been rumors that it could be switched to a day or two before New Year's - even on New Year's Eve, but those rumors also involve the potential influx of teams from other (SEC?) conferences and a possible take-over by the Sugar Bowl.

Don't be too sure of a repeat visit, or a bowl upgrade. The unfortunate way our conference is perceived and especially, promoted, an upgrade is unlikely due to primary and secondary bowl tie-ins (none of which the 'Belt has). Well, maybe if a team goes undefeated … I guess we got lucky in 2004 and 2006.

Some comments I read here sound eerily similar to what was said numerous times on GoTroyTrojans.com. I even fell into it, lulled by the certainty that even an 8-4 second place team would never be left home. But that is not how the inequitable NCAA / BCS operate.

They may be one of our rival schools but as FAU fans we ALL know Troy got ripped off! I'm sure we can all come up with a list of schools they could have maybe beaten had they been invited to a bowl.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The bowl system is horrible. A few years back Northern Illinois (out of the MAC) went 10-2 by beating a ranked Alabama team, a ranked Maryland team, and Iowa State, but didn't make a bowl because they lost in the conference championship game and at the time the MAC only had one bowl tie-in. Talk about BS.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

NO Bowl 2008....

BMarkey said

Yup, not making any "Hard" reservations by any means, just sowing the seeds early buy saving some flow, and allowing enough time to gather STP's (Spousal Tolerance Points) with the wife to get it done. We werent/arent dominant enough on ANYONE in the SB to assume its ours. We will have to earn it again.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

We werent/arent dominant enough on ANYONE in the SB to assume its ours. We will have to earn it again.

*Ding* *Ding* *Ding*…….

Thats right Bing, tell him what he's won!

(Although it wish it were not true and we spanked everyone by 50+! ;D)
Back to the top

I think we were a bit of a surprise to many teams we faced 2007. Most preseason picks had us finishing in the middle of the pack in the SBC. We should definitely be a frontrunner in 2008. We aren't going to sneak up on anyone that is for sure.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: