Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WHY WE NEED A PLAYOFF SYSTEM

Add topic

WHY WE NEED A PLAYOFF SYSTEM

There hasn't been much talk on this board about the possibility of a playoff system at the 1-A levels. Playoffs!? Playoffs?! (as Jim Mora would say). I think the bowl games this season have really made it apparent that we need a playoff system. There have been some great games and some real surprises. Here are my thoughts:

West Virginia vs. Oklahoma

Oklahoma came in the top 5 and West Virginia came in after a miserable loss to Pitt. The result, West Virginia dominates Oklahoma and proves that they are one of the best teams in the country.

Kansas vs. Virginia Tech

Kansas makes in to the Orange Bowl with only one loss despite not even getting a shot at playing for the BIG 12 championship. Virginia Tech came in as a top 5 team and the ACC champion. Kansas pounds Virginia Tech to prove that they are one of the best teams in the country.

USC vs. Illinois

USC looked great the last few weeks of the season and proved to be a dominant team against an Illinois team that gave Ohio State their only loss of the year. If there were a playoff system in place USC would be in the hunt for the national title.

Georgia vs. Hawaii

Hawaii was the only undefeated team in the country. Georgia didn't even make it to the SEC championship game yet Georgia played lights out against Hawaii and proved that they could make a run for the title if there were a playoff system.

Missouri vs. Arkansas

Missouri was left out of the BCS mix despite being ranked #1 in the country going into the BIG 12 championship game. Missouri (who lost to Oklahoma twice) crushed Arkansas (who beat LSU) to prove that they are the real deal.

Many other games spoke to the need for a playoff system. I just wanted to bring up a few that I think exemplify why we need a playoff system.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: WHY WE NEED A PLAYOFF SYSTEM

We still need a couple of more years of these wacky years to have a playoff system.  Tooo much money in the bowls.
Back to the top

Re: WHY WE NEED A PLAYOFF SYSTEM

Playoff is gay
Back to the top
Control functions: