Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Make sure to wear your gear!

Just a reminder…

If your out and about casually in Boca try to wear your FAU Gear.

I met a FAU alum in a restaruant who struck up a conversation because of my hat and shirt. I asked if hed been to any games as a student, (He had just graduated) and he said a few. I told him now that hes and Alum he needs to be at every game and should of been while a student. He seemed pretty pumped up and said he was definaetly going to make an effort to attend every game.

I also ran into a man at Publix on Palmettor who had his FAU hat on. We talked a bit about the game and other overheard and chimed in as well.

Another small thing we can do to spread the word in Boca.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Make sure to wear your gear!

I went to the City of Boca Raton Adult Softball league meeting and there were a few people wearing UF stuff like 2 or 3 wearing FSU stuff and one guy was wearing a UCF hat.  I stood next to one of the UF guys and I said "WOW….I am glad Im representing a school that can win a bowl game"  They laughed and gave FAU props.  The UCF guy was like yeah thank god we didnt play you guys this year.

And on Christmas EVe I was wearing my Bowl shirt around the mall and around 20 people were like YEAAAAHHH FAU!!!!!

This is an awesome feeling
Back to the top

It's true in a lot of places.

My FAU hats and shirts have started conversations in Denver and Breckenridge, Colo. But the strangest turned out to be my Colorado plates (FAUOWLS). A guy on a bike pulling one of those little bike trailers with his 2-year-old inside followed me a half-mile up a hill and knocked on my door in Breckenridge. He asked my wife if someone in the house was an FAU grad, so she sent me to the door. The bicyclist was an FAU grad, as well. We became friends. It turns out that he was a cop in Fairplay, Colo., and since has moved up to the Vail PD. He was graduated from FAU in the 1980s, I think.
Back to the top

grayowl said

My FAU hats and shirts have started conversations in Denver and Breckenridge, Colo. But the strangest turned out to be my Colorado plates (FAUOWLS). A guy on a bike pulling one of those little bike trailers with his 2-year-old inside followed me a half-mile up a hill and knocked on my door in Breckenridge. He asked my wife is someone in the house was an FAU grad, so she sent me to the door. The bicyclist was an FAU grad, as well. We became friends. It turns out that he was a cop in Fairplay, Colo., and since has moved up to the Vail PD. He was graduated from FAU in the 1980s, I think.

Nice! I love stories like this. We should try to include these "alumni snapshots" into the Owl Book.

I don't know how many of you would be interested but I'm going to talk to SAA and SGA about starting an "Owls Across America" collage. Basically alumni send in pictures showing how they're representing FAU in other states… maybe you have a picture of yourself wearing an FAU shirt while catching a fish, you have a picture of an FAU flag outside of your house, stuff like that. And under each picture, we write where the picture came from. The picture of the fish, "Denver, CO" and so forth. Not sure where it would go but I'm preferring some spots in the Student Union over the new Alumni Center, which I doubt will get much traffic on a daily basis.

The whole point is that you can look at it, either as a current student or an alumni, and feel like FAU is pretty much everywhere… even if you don't see the FAU license plates in, say, Texas or New Jersey.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

grayowl said

My FAU hats and shirts have started conversations in Denver and Breckenridge, Colo. But the strangest turned out to be my Colorado plates (FAUOWLS). A guy on a bike pulling one of those little bike trailers with his 2-year-old inside followed me a half-mile up a hill and knocked on my door in Breckenridge. He asked my wife is someone in the house was an FAU grad, so she sent me to the door. The bicyclist was an FAU grad, as well. We became friends. It turns out that he was a cop in Fairplay, Colo., and since has moved up to the Vail PD. He was graduated from FAU in the 1980s, I think.

Nice! I love stories like this. We should try to include these "alumni snapshots" into the Owl Book.

I don't know how many of you would be interested but I'm going to talk to SAA and SGA about starting an "Owls Across America" collage. Basically alumni send in pictures showing how they're representing FAU in other states… maybe you have a picture of yourself wearing an FAU shirt while catching a fish, you have a picture of an FAU flag outside of your house, stuff like that. And under each picture, we write where the picture came from. The picture of the fish, "Denver, CO" and so forth. Not sure where it would go but I'm preferring some spots in the Student Union over the new Alumni Center, which I doubt will get much traffic on a daily basis.

The whole point is that you can look at it, either as a current student or an alumni, and feel like FAU is pretty much everywhere… even if you don't see the FAU license plates in, say, Texas or New Jersey.

That is a great idea.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I work at a fitness center in San Antonio. Instead of saying "hi" to the customers with Miami shirts on, (especially those that are old shirts that say 1983..) I say…"how do you know about Schnellenberger." One such person said…i know he is with FAU right now. Talk about pride.

At the Big 12 championship game this year (the same day FAU beat Troy), I was walking with my FAU football shirt on and an Oklahoma tailgate stopped me and said "Schnellneberger! FAU!". Talk about a great feeling…

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I always have an FAU hat on atleast, and it is wierd now people are starting to talk to me about it…..i had a waitress at a fine dining facility (ale house) do the owl sign and go who-who go FAU.  I luaghed but it was a great feeling.  This season did a lot for us!
Back to the top

Make sure to wear your gear!

I think its really funny that this topic has started because yesterday I was with my mom going to Marshalls in Royal Palm Beach/Wellington and we both had FAU shirts on. While walking into the store another family with kids walked by and yelled "GO OWLS!" I thought it was really cool!

AEA
Back to the top

I've met people all over the world wearing FAU gear. I was in London a few years ago and ran into someone in Hyde Park with an FAU hat and started a conversation. Even in Mexico I met someone wearing a shirt that said "my kids and my money go to FAU".

What are the odds of running into an FAU alum? It's about 100000 in 6.6 billion (0.0015%). Just remember, FAU is WORLDWIDE!
Back to the top

I was wearing an FAU hat when I was up in Murfreesboro TN for the holidays, got lots of comments while shopping.  I was also in a liquor store getting some holiday necessities where i encountered two MTSU players running the register. We had some nice bantering for about five minutes.  They were good sports though and very funny guys, one even said he wished he could play for coach S.
Back to the top
Control functions: