Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Wall of fame?

Add topic

Was at the FIU hoops game last night and they inducted Carlos Arroyo into their Wall of Fame and retired his jersey. I haven't been to the newly-renovated arena yet, but did they include anything of this sort?

I know Yolanda Griffith's jersey used to hang outside the door, but is her number even retired? If not, we need to do that.

I remember back in the day we used to have a bunch of photos hanging in the lobby too.

We need to get something done, because I was embarrassed last night.
Back to the top

Re: Wall of fame?

i think Yo's jersey should definitely hang inside the arena and the number should be retired…

problem is: that's it… no one else (men OR women) is worthy of that accomplishment in FAU hoops

time will allow for that to come to fruition, however

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

I haven't been to the newly-renovated arena yet, but did they include anything of this sort?

I remember back in the day we used to have a bunch of photos hanging in the lobby too.

Nope…not at present - unfortunately…

and the big photos are gone…….
Back to the top

Wall of fame?

fauowl09 said

i think Yo's jersey should definitely hang inside the arena and the number should be retired…

problem is: that's it… no one else (men OR women) is worthy of that accomplishment in FAU hoops

Crumbley should be there…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

GhostOfBuchanan said

I haven't been to the newly-renovated arena yet, but did they include anything of this sort?

Remember though that there's a Phase II coming which will include new bathrooms and the luxury boxes… I'm sure they'll include the winged FAU on the awnings like the sketch showed… maybe that's when they'll put in the Wall of Fame (or maybe a Wall of Victories). In the lobby, some wall-mounted flat screen TVs replaying old highlights would be great too.

I like the renovated Burrow, definitely feels more professional, but I do wish the concession stand was a name brand association… even if it was one I didn't like, such as Chick-Fil-A.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Remember though that there's a Phase II coming which will include new bathrooms and the luxury boxes

I like the renovated Burrow, definitely feels more professional, but I do wish the concession stand was a name brand association… even if it was one I didn't like, such as Chick-Fil-A.

i think they started the outside…they were puttingin the pavers around the medians in the parking lot on the east side…

you dont like the Chik-Fil-A nuggets?? man, those things are the bomb!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Florida_Owl said

GhostOfBuchanan said

Remember though that there's a Phase II coming which will include new bathrooms and the luxury boxes… I'm sure they'll include the winged FAU on the awnings like the sketch showed… maybe that's when they'll put in the Wall of Fame (or maybe a Wall of Victories). In the lobby, some wall-mounted flat screen TVs replaying old highlights would be great too.

How about Miller concessions…..seriously they need to serve beer at the games……

as for the wall of fame…….hmmmmm prowlers?!?!?!  lol….sry had too!
Back to the top
Control functions: