Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WPTV knows FAU exists!

Add topic

I saw a short segment on Channel 5 (WPTV) the other night on Rex Walters and the effort of the BB team. I thought it would be good to see it again but when I went to the WPTV site they had every university in the state including FAMU, USF, UCF, UF, FSU, Miami listed except one…… >:(

Looks like they may fix things after a short email to them "I'm disappointed with your Sports page. I follow FAU which is the only state university in your viewing area yet there isn't even a tab for updates on the page. You list USF, FAMU, and others but it sure seems with the location of FAU it deserves a better level of coverage"

Their response "Mike, good point. FAU tab will be added."

Peter Roghaar
561-653-5750
[email protected]

A small victory but they all count.
Back to the top

Re: WPTV knows FAU exists!

WPTV knows FAU exists!

mmakar said

A small victory but they all count.

Yes, yes they do.  One by one we're getting all local and national entities up to speed with our existance.  It's all we can do!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Re: WPTV knows FAU exists!

Could there be a worse sports anchor than the one WPTV has?

Honestly, the guy couldn't write a lede to save his life, stumbles and stammers over seemingly every multiple-syllable word and just makes me cringe.

His reports from New Orleans (hey, at least WPTV was there!) were gosh-awful. I just loved the one in which we could not hear a word he said due to the Cajun band in the background, and his positioning in front of trash cans; and another where he made a horrible attempt to link the school's band sizes to their football prowess.

He does seem to be a nice guy, but really needs some training and maybe an internship under a real anchor-reporter.

The guy clearly played ball in a former career, but does that alone qualify him for a sports anchor slot on a mid-major market TV news program?
Back to the top
Control functions: