Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

what is up with this team

Add topic

I was out of the country for a week and came back today to see us even in a worse spot before I left. This team is getting worse. With 5 upper classman on the court you don't need time to mesh, you need to f'ing score and play defense. this team is an embarrassment right now. Things better change quick.

Anyone saying Nwogi needs any more time to mesh is an idiot. Were playing in the sunbelt which is mediocre at best and we've played 16 college games, his teammates from last year didn't need time to mesh. How much more time do you want? Graham and Sammy still need time to mesh? they've practiced together for over a year. Give me a break.

Stop the execuses and start playing.
Back to the top

Re: what is up with this team

Exit39 said

I was out of the country for a week and came back today to see us even in a worse spot before I left. This team is getting worse. With 5 upper classman on the court you don't need time to mesh, you need to f'ing score and play defense. this team is an embarrassment right now. Things better change quick.

Anyone saying Nwogi needs any more time to mesh is an idiot. Were playing in the sunbelt which is mediocre at best and we've played 16 college games, his teammates from last year didn't need time to mesh. How much more time do you want? Graham and Sammy still need time to mesh? they've practiced together for over a year. Give me a break.

Stop the execuses and start playing.

Disclaimer:

THIS IS ME STIRRING THE POT.

Back to your post…

want some cheese to go with your "whine"?

Surely there is more to life than "bitch and moan"…

Cmon Exit! are you a real fan, or another bandwagon Joe who is going to fade into the sunset when things get tough??

Your call…

And yes, "I am questioning your fanhood" ;)

Btw, you just called Coach Walters an idiot…you almost quoted his comments in regards to Nwoji during his postgame interview…

Im sure ill get some heat for this one, so fire away!
Back to the top

who is Nwogi?????

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

What I don't understand is this: We know what's wrong, Rex knows what's wrong, so then the players know what's wrong and yet it's not getting better. That's frustrating for anyone and everyone I think is a safe assumption.

I'll be the first person to admit it, I am not a huge basketball fan but I do recognize our losses seem to come with a asterisk each time.

As to say the following (example):

FAU lost again tonight*

* - We shot 17% from the free throw line; couldn't get a rebound; Sammy didn't play in the paint, etc, etc.

I think all fans, myself included, could be more patient about FAU or any other team we love or are passionate for and about.  But, the reality is no one likes to lose and it gets a little monotonous to hear all the "asterisk" as to why we lost.  It's never we got beat by a better team, its we lost because we didn't do this and that and that right.  Or this player was hurt, etc.

Like I said in the past a loss is a loss and as fans I think we are at liberty to be a little less than forgiving, as Exit is.

Not defending Exit's stance or opposing it, I have no axe to grind either, just pointing out a few things is all.

Tolerance is being tolerant to intolerant people. Plus, internet fighting is just really, really weird.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

who is Nwogi?????
He was a fierce Jedi Knight!

Back to the top

Fledgling said

fauowl09 said

who is Nwogi?????
He was a fierce Jedi Knight!

ahh… thanks… found him

Back to the top

"Luke... I am your point guard"

Back to the top

If the team wants to be cheered when they do well then they ought to be able to hear it when the suck. If they were doing great and were all over the papers and tv I doubt a single one of them wouldn't want the attention. but there playing like crap, they ought to freaking hear it. there not losing because of athletic ability or talent. And there coming up with childish execuses, "gelling by February." that's crap.

sorry i spelt nwoji's name wrong. I hope my entire post wasn't lost in the misspelling of a single letter.
Back to the top

i just hope the intense animosity in the tone of your voice was on the football section of this board in 2005 when we went 2-9

basketball has taken a step back… no denying that… however, running a NEW point guard in the Sun Belt Conference, when we still have A LOT OF OUR UPPERCLASSMEN scholarships are ATLANTIC SUN CONFERENCE players (Carlos, Paul, Derrick), you are not going to run the table

Western Kentucky > Kennesaw State
New Orleans > Belmont
Middle Tennessee > North Florida

we'll be fine… possibly not this year, i don't know how this year will turn out, but, just like football, we're GROWING on the hardwood

Back to the top

what is up with this team

fauowl09 said

(Carlos, Paul, Derrick), you are not going to run the table

Run the table…how about win just one, let's start there.  I didn't know we were supposed to be taking a step back this year, I think that's where the confusion comes from for me.  Now I know.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: