Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

next year schedule

looking at the RPI for next year from mratings.com, which i think is the most accurate because it has the average of every rating out there, here's our competition for next year and this year.

this year
UF 10
usf 21
kentucky 26
ok state 35
minn 105

next year
texas 12
mich state 44
minn 105
uab 115

With the improvement of our team next year I think we can easily beat everyone but Texas. Our schedule was so much harder this year and we hung in there. With another year of depth and hitting the weight room again I hope to compete with Texas. There's no reason we can't put up 35 points in that game. There defense is losing a lot of players and wasn't even that good to begin with. Plus we play great against the pass which is the game Texas plays. Michigan State was so overrated in the Big Ten, i think we could've beat them this year. Minnesota and UAB should be easy W's by next year. I hope the defense can drastically improve and get healthy to keep us in these bigger games. We know the offense will but we need to improve against the run and pressure the QB for real.
Back to the top

Re: next year schedule

10-2 then? 11-1 with a loss to Texas only?  Anything with 9 wins or more is just fine by me.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Winning the SunBelt is all I care about, lets get back to that bowl game...even if its with 7 wins.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

next year schedule

i want some BCS talk, its a shot in hell but it would be cool to get some more burn.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

looking at the RPI for next year from mratings.com, which i think is the most accurate because it has the average of every rating out there, here's our competition for next year and this year.

this year
UF 10
usf 21
kentucky 26
ok state 35
minn 105

next year
texas 12
mich state 44
minn 105
uab 115

With the improvement of our team next year I think we can easily beat everyone but Texas. Our schedule was so much harder this year and we hung in there. With another year of depth and hitting the weight room again I hope to compete with Texas. There's no reason we can't put up 35 points in that game. There defense is losing a lot of players and wasn't even that good to begin with. Plus we play great against the pass which is the game Texas plays. Michigan State was so overrated in the Big Ten, i think we could've beat them this year. Minnesota and UAB should be easy W's by next year. I hope the defense can drastically improve and get healthy to keep us in these bigger games. We know the offense will but we need to improve against the run and pressure the QB for real.

Michigan State was better than you are giving them credit for being. They played a great game in their bowl against Boston College and lost by 3 points to the runner-up in the ACC. Michigan State will not be a pushover next year. They will be at about the same level as Oklahoma State was for us this year. However, I think FAU will be much improved so we do have a shot at beating Michigan State. Minnesota is also winnable. The only "gimme" is UAB. Other than that the schedule it tough.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Exit39 said

this year
UF 10
usf 21
kentucky 26
ok state 35
minn 105

next year
texas 12
mich state 44
minn 105
uab 115

As long as we are looking ahead, how about the year after when Rusty is a senior?  Just fill in the empty slots with winnable games, and put us in the top 25.  ;D
Sept 5, at Nebraska
@ UAB
vs Louisiana-Monroe
@ Troy
vs Western kentucky
@ Louisiana-Lafeyette
vs Middle Tennessee
@ North Texas
vs Arkansas State
@ Florida International
Back to the top

How about one of these

Indiana or Northwestern (Big 10)
Army (Independent)
Ohio or any other MAC team for that matter
Vanderbilt (SEC)
Syracuse (Big East)
North Carolina or Duke (ACC)
Louisiana Tech (WAC)

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

'09 schedule still needs two more games.
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

How about one of these

Indiana or Northwestern (Big 10)
Army (Independent)
Ohio or any other MAC team for that matter
Vanderbilt (SEC)
Syracuse (Big East)
North Carolina or Duke (ACC)
Louisiana Tech (WAC)

Teams I'd like to see FAU play in '09 – win or lose – in no particular order:

UCF
FSU
Miami
Auburn
Vanderbilt
Alabama
West Virginia
Rutgers
Boston College
Notre Dame
Appalachian State

Just my two cents…
Back to the top

Lets book Edward Waters again!!!  ;D I loved their 80s mesh uniforms.
Back to the top
Control functions: