Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU may have just gotten much better

Heard a rumor that FIU hired Don Soldinger.

Don Soldinger coached at Miami for sometime as a RB coach.  Now, before you all jump on the train of, another UM coach at FIU blah blah blah.

Solly is a great coach.  Ask any UM NFL RB who they credit most with their success and it is Solly.  He coached Edge, Portis, McGahee, Gore etc.  In fact, Frank Gore flew Solly and his wife to Hawaii last year for the Pro Bowl because of everything he did for him while at FIU.

I'm not sure how solid his S. Fl connections are since he's been out of the coaching game for a few years now since Coker fired him in 2004.

He's a hell of a coach and could help Mario out quite a bit if true.

I'll have more tomorrow, or you all may see it in the paper by then.
Back to the top

Re: FIU may have just gotten much better

I think its gonna take more than a good running back coach to turn things around down there. Personally Ive never heard of the guy, but that of course desnt really mean anything I only have sources in the SEC.  He does have an impressive list of runninbacks under his belt at UM however. Quick question though, where has he been since o4 and why hasnt a real program picked him up since then.
Back to the top

FIU may have just gotten much better

they'll make the big jump to 2 - 10. 

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

i think they're good for a win over North Texas, again…

who else is in that 2 wins?

i don't see it….

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

i don't see it….

North Texas will be a very good football team soon, could be really soon.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

fauowl09 said

i don't see it….

the same could be said about FIU… wayne younger is going to be a very good QB in the Belt

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

walty12 said

fauowl09 said

i don't see it….

the same could be said about FIU… wayne younger is going to be a very good QB in the Belt

How do you figure wayne younger is going to be a very good QB.  Look at his stats 1357 yds, 45% comp., 9TDs, 17INTs.  That would be an insane turnaround.
Back to the top

I feel like they are going to jump past a couple other belt teams.  Beating them won't be a gimmie in the years to come, maybe not next year, but now that Mario is revamping the team to his liking, I think they will start to do well.  Also with their new stadium, for recruits this might be a nice bonus….even if they can't fill it up.

I think the Sun Belt is going to look really good in the next 5 years, more OOC wins as our talent base in the south  really starts to show over those in the MAC, WAC, MWC, and even to a degree some of the Big 10 and Big 12 North.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I know this is a little off topic but If my memory serves me correctly doesnt FIU have a nice little get together coming up in Febuary with the NCAA over quite a few infractions.  They seem to be keeping this quiet.  I think they're hoping that their self imposed penaltys are going to be enough to satisfy the NCAA.  Im eager to see if that works out for them. 
Back to the top

Happy New Year for Owls fans!  Pretty interesting rumor there SigEp.  Can you elaborate more on that, since I haven't been able to find out any information on that?  Thanks in advance..
Back to the top
Control functions: