Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Indecision Tour 2008

Add topic

Since we need a break from all the UCF fan bull$#*t… what did everybody think of the sold-out comedy show tonight?

I wasn't fond of the President Bush impersonator – that bit has really been done to death – but the other two were great! Greg Giraldo didn't fail to impress.

I also love the new "Let's Go Owls" banners in the Student Union. Nice touch.
Back to the top

Re: Indecision Tour 2008

I was undecided about it.  ;D

I had no idea there was a comedy show on campus.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

I was undecided about it.  ;D

I had no idea there was a comedy show on campus.

Seriously? It was a Comedy Central tour that helped to kick off the Presidential Debates.
Back to the top

Indecision Tour 2008

Yeah FAU doesn't advertise very well if you hadn't noticed.

Back to the top

Fledgling said

I agree. How could they have advertised so that you definitely would have seen it? The Marquee obviously isn't suitable because even if it's working, you pass by it too quickly to read it.

So how can they make it better? I know FAU sends out mass emails, they post info on the website, they put up flyers in the breezeway and they sometimes put stuff in your bag at the campus bookstore.

Yet everybody says they never know about this stuff. I think, outside of not having the money, FAU doesn't really know what the problem is to make it better.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Fledgling said

I agree. How could they have advertised so that you definitely would have seen it? The Marquee obviously isn't suitable because even if it's working, you pass by it too quickly to read it.

So how can they make it better? I know FAU sends out mass emails, they post info on the website, they put up flyers in the breezeway and they sometimes put stuff in your bag at the campus bookstore.

Yet everybody says they never know about this stuff. I think, outside of not having the money, FAU doesn't really know what the problem is to make it better.

I didn't know there was a comedy show either lol. Oh well.

They could advertise on the new board at BBall games, even hand out flyers to people walking in to the BBall games. I don't go to school anymore so I'm only on campus to buy something from the bookstore or go to a game. In fact I was just in the bookstore the other day and I saw nothing in the breezeway on my way from the parking garage near the library to the bookstore about a comedy show or anything in my bag. I don't ever check FAU.edu only FAUSports.com and the only mass emails I have received are for sporting events thats about it. There are a lot of ways of advertising without spending  tons of money.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

For things like this, I don't know how they could afford to advertise it which I guess it why I am not surprised they didn't.  Maybe they could pitch it to the press and have the S-S or the PB Post give a schedule of events leading up to the debates.  Maybe maybe PA announcements at sporting events, etc.

Put flyers up in corporate sponsors stores, etc.

I feel so out of touch with the on-goings on campus and I only live 8 miles away.

Back to the top

I got an e-mail about it. I also check www.fau.edu for updates. I click on the debate link every now and then it was there, in bold type (literally).

Ched and Jared: Not saying FAU couldn't do a better job reaching out, but apparantly it was sold out so they did something right.

Do y'all check www.fau.edu for updates and read the stories on the front page ever? Just curious…

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Honestly, I wouldn't think of checking www.fau.edu for my news updates.  I am aware of all the great stuff FAU is doing, and I figured the web site was more for academic, institutional advancement and improvement news.

If they did post campus news, maybe FAU should look into getting people signed up for e-news emails.

Either way, let's not get into the whole "FAU should advertise better".  I was just commenting because that's something I wish I knew about.

Back to the top
Control functions: