Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU has a new logo....THUNDERCATS!

Add topic

FIU is getting a new logo…you can see the FIU in the script.  On the one hand it may look cool in color, on a helmet, on the other it is hilariously 80's.

This is from the FIU message board, and since they are laughing at it, I figure we can too.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Compare to…

FIU Thundercats…..HO!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: FIU has a new logo....THUNDERCATS!

Yikes.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Here is a free course in motovation 101:

Young Grasshopper - "What is the best thing to do for a team that has lost 25 of its last 26 games, Oh Wise One?

Oh Wise One - "Re-brand, Young Grasshopper…re-brand"

Back to the top

Do it right or don't do it at all.

Back to the top

They are also making their blue color darker and "shinier" (?) and dropping golden from golden panthers.  The FIU Panthers.

Sounds like what UCF did so that they could distance themselves from the horrible Golden Knights c. 2004.
"No no you got it wrong, those were the GOLDEN knights, we are just the knights".

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Sounds like what UCF did so that they could distance themselves from the horrible Golden Knights c. 2004.
"No no you got it wrong, those were the GOLDEN knights, we are just the knights".

*ding* *ding* *ding*……………..
Back to the top

Ha I also just read something about how they (the athletic department mostly) had wanted to rebrand the WHOLE university to set themselves apart from the 3 letter schools. FAU, USF, UCF, FSU..

A couple of the suggestions:

Miami State University (Not that bad..except for the other two Miami schools)

State University of Florida at Miami (SUFM?, SUF@M?)

…….
Which begs the question, what would we rename FAU (if we had to)

Boca State University

Florida Atlantic State University

Atlantic State University

State University of Florida at Boca Raton

The University of Florida Atlantic

Back to the top

FIU has a new logo....THUNDERCATS!

SeminOWL2006 said

Ha I also just read something about how they (the athletic department mostly) had wanted to rebrand the WHOLE university to set themselves apart from the 3 letter schools. FAU, USF, UCF, FSU..

A couple of the suggestions:

Miami State University (Not that bad..except for the other two Miami schools)

State University of Florida at Miami (SUFM?, SUF@M?)

Miami State University… MSU… yeah, that gets them away from all the three letter names, wouldn't it? Plus, that could cause confusion when you see it on the ESPN ticker…

On the other hand, I do think "Miami State" is a better name than "Florida International." I wonder if FIU ever considered embracing it's Latino students and surroundings and try to become the top university for Spanish-speaking students in America. It would be a nice niche for them.

SeminOWL2006 said

Which begs the question, what would we rename FAU (if we had to)
- Boca State University
- Florida Atlantic State University
- Atlantic State University
- State University of Florida at Boca Raton
- The University of Florida Atlantic

Wow, those are all really, really bad. I know when they first founded the school, names they had considered where Boca University (which isn't necessarily bad), Sunshine State University (omg, so bad, but not as bad as…) and A-OK University (sooo glad that got shot down).

Also, you may know that at various points in the history of Florida, universities came into financial troubles and it was suggested that they become branch campuses of the University of Florida. At one point, FAU was about to become the University of Florida at Boca Raton.

I think two other schools were in a similar circumstance but obviously had fended off the change.
Back to the top

Does this make their starting QB Liono? Is he going to wear a glove on his hand and carry a sword? lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Washington State called, they want their idea back.

Back to the top
Control functions: