Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Question about last years commits

I was looking at last years commits and I saw we signed a RB by the name of Avionne Rolle out of Miami Central H.S. I have a few questions about him..

1) Is there any relation to the other Rolles in the NFL?

2) With Stintson, Rose, Pierre, & Edge where do they see this kid fitting in? I haven't even heard anything about him. He was obviously R.S. this past season. Anyone know anything about him?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Question about last years commits

The more the merrier..

I feel like Edge will be more special teams and passing plays.
Stinson hopefully will become the premier back, with Pierre sharing duty.

Rose - Fullback so his job is set

I think its alot like the QB situation, the Voice will see how they are doing in practice, how they play and make decisions from there.  Rose earned his spot, Rusty did as well.  With the injuries of this year, its best to have plenty of horses in the stable.  We can't put all our eggs in one basket like UCF did with Kevin Smith.  As I mentioned in a different thread, it took everyone that either rushed or was sacked on our team to have the number of carries that KS had.  For us, fresh legs and mismatches are a great tool.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

No relation.  His brother is Myron Rolle who plays at UF.  At 5-9, 180lbs I wouldn't think he would be anything more than a scat back.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

I agree. I think we will see a very good rotation. I have seen some very crowded backfields here at Southern Illinois. Brandon Jacobs, now of the NY Giants actually split time with two other backs when he was here. This past season we had a rotation of as many as 5 running backs. It makes a difference late in the game when the defense is tired. Each guy also brings his own running style to the table and it causes the defense to have to make changes. For example, when Jacobs was here he split time largely with a back who went on to be an All-American and who was 5-10 195lbs. Jacobs was 6-4 255lbs. Each guy brought a completely different style to the game. The same will be true when we see Pierre, Edgecomb, and Stinson all in the backfield.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Funny you brought that up Owlfan1,

I remember reading about Jacobs and how he played at Auburn and was third on the depth chart behind Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown and then Jacobs transferred to the Salukis as a senior.

Can you imagine that kind of rotation?

Safe to say Auburn can recruit running backs!

Back to the top

Jacobs turned out to the best of the bunch in my opinion. He has stayed healthy and proven that he can play at a very high level.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Think it helps that he also has the best offensive line and probably QB of the 3 backs.
Back to the top

Question about last years commits

mh2os said

Think it helps that he also has the best offensive line and probably QB of the 3 backs.

Also doesn't hurt that he is 6-4 260lbs.  ;D In college he was literally a man among boys. He is an absolute monster.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Not to get too far off topic but I remember watching Jerome Bettis at Notre Dame and everytime he'd get the ball it was like a father playing against a bunch of six year olds! He would bowl over anyone and everyone!

Back on topic… anyone have thoughts as to the WR depth chart for next year?

Back to the top

I know we had a 3 star recruit that was RS this past season (his name escapes me at the moment) how does he fit in along with Holley plus any big WR's that we get this signing period. Isn't there a limit as to how many people can be RS?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: