Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Pics on TH's blog

Add topic

This might belong in the stadium thread, but I figured I'd post it here so more people see it. Go to Ted's blog on Sunsentinel.com, he has some new pics of artist renderings of the new stadium. Looks awesome….please start building it now!!!
Back to the top

Re: Stadium Pics on TH's blog

cant see it due to firewall…if anyone wants to e-mail them to me - PLEASE - please send to [email protected]

thanks!
Back to the top

I like it. Looks NOTHING like their original artist rendering. I wonder why they waited so long after the N.O. Bowl to send out flyer's to perspective donors, why not do it as soon as possible?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Here is the link

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2008/01/sneak_peak_at_fau_stadium.html

Looks like everything is being marketed. The clock tower, the scoreboard, players lockers, etc.

Also, it interesting to note that naming rights to the field are being sold. Seems like it won't be Howard Schnellenberger Field unless they change it after the contract runs out.

Another note, it looks nothing that the recycling heap that UCF just built.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Campaigns need to raise money takes a lot of planning and consulting.  If they choose, they designate areas as "satellite" locations where a board member or a deep pocket alumni is in charge of spreading the word out in their particular region.

Not sure if FAU did this, but I am confident they wanted to do it right.  Most likely having to figure out a consulting firm to assist them along with the marketing team they already have in place.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

I hope they remembered to include water fountains in their description lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Stadium Pics on TH's blog

They have a clock tower water fountain, interesting idea.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Here is the link

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2008/01/sneak_peak_at_fau_stadium.html

Looks like everything is being marketed. The clock tower, the scoreboard, players lockers, etc.

Also, it interesting to note that naming rights to the field are being sold. Seems like it won't be Howard Schnellenberger Field unless they change it after the contract runs out.

Another note, it looks nothing that the recycling heap that UCF just built.

GO OWLS!!!

They can buy the naming rights and call it Crappy Field if they wanted to.  Just because someone buys the naming rights doesn't mean they couldn't name it Schnellenberger Field.  Although, If I am dishing out millions for it I'd probably want it to be in my name.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

If the least expensive thing for naming rights is $5,000, FAU is making the same greed-based mistake made by so many other fund-raisers. Yes, it needs big contributions. But it also needs many, many smaller contributions. Some of these should be in the form of naming rights within the reach of recent grads and other working people. The idea should be, and must be, inclusion, not exclusion. Give a guy (or woman) a chance to kick in, say, $500, and have his/her name show up inside the stadium and he/she will be quite proud to show it to paying friends. (This is in addition to the buy-a-brick campaign for outside the stadium.) This high-end trend does not bode well for the ticket prices and seating locations for the relatively few loyal fans who have supported the program from the start.
Back to the top

Like pay an extra $100-250 and get your name on a urinal?  Not trying to be tooo sarcastic, but when I lived in a fraternity house, there was a plaque outside stating that the bathrooms were provided by Barry Brilliant (an actual real person).

They need to start out greedy, see what response they get, then they can alter the cost if they determine that is the best course of action.
Back to the top
Control functions: